SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Italian Riot police taking care of business
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Italian Riot police taking care of business Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Crack a few heads like the ole days in Chicago...

We used to train riot control with the 36" Hickory stick.

That piece of wood can do some damage when used right.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
"Release the Crackin'!!!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Woohoo! I like their style. The snowflakes know who’s the boss.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
how do you say "open a can of whoop-ass" in Italian?

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by downtownv:
Crack a few heads like the ole days in Chicago...

We used to train riot control with the 36" Hickory stick.

That piece of wood can do some damage when used right.[/QUOTE

The "old" Mayor Daley had a different idea of political correctness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9sKSRrs46Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_PQaT-I0zc

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That wouldn't fly in these parts, these days. Remember Ferguson? The police caught a lot of flack for tactics less violent than that.

More recent demonstrations in St. Louis City resulted in the SLMPD getting reamed by the press and others, so they had to change tactics.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
how do you say "open a can of whoop-ass" in Italian?

"Fra-geelie"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43884 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I spent a couple of years on joint patrol with the Italian cops.
I never saw anyone give them the least little bit of shit.

Same thing with the Germans. The polizei don't take any shit

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
I have seen a couple of protests (peaceful, but loud) in Italy. The cops come out in force. In Rome, there seems to be several different policing agencies that show up depending on the circumstances.
None of them look like they are messing around.

-Loungechair

Posts: 675 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, everyone is familiar with the old adage...

"When in Rome, RUN!!!!" (or was that Pompeii?)

A Beautiful Mind
Picture of DetonicsMk6
posted Hide Post
Need snipers for the folks with Malotovs. Extra vacation days if you can hit it before thown but while lit.

Posts: 4811 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gonna' ask my GF how to say in Italian:"You don't fuck with the Police".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems to me that they were using shield tactics just like the Roman Legion used to conquer Europe. I'll bet the ancient Romans would have loved that plexiglass view port at the top of the shield. The ancient short sword has been replaced by the hickory club. History repeating.....

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2183 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
That's a paddlin.

Another Jingles fan, eh?

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
The phrase "Don't start none won't be none" comes to mind!

For starters the Police picked an excellent position to defend, narrow street. Little or no chance of being bypassed or flanked. Left the protesters with 2 options, get beat or retreat!

I was thinking the same thing except it would have been great if a second detachment came in from behind the protesters and cut off their retreat!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6317 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...and, that was just the Polizei, wait until the Carabineri show up. Cool

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
Why are they running? I thought they were ready for the revolution? Big Grin

Yeah, the fucktards that love to *talk* about the revolution are never the ones who stick around when the rubber hits the road (or the night stick hits the head).

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well done Paisanos!! Italy went through this ANTIFA bull crap almost 100 years ago. They know how to deal with those commie bastar...

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I was raised to expect that reaction for messing with a cop, so that felt appropriate for me.

I suppose I was raised to expect that reaction for touching anyone when I shouldn't.

And there is the problem. Too many are raised to think you can be a smug smart ass and no consequences should befall you.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post