SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Poly Resin/Cermanic Knives (to avoid metal detectors)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poly Resin/Cermanic Knives (to avoid metal detectors) Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I'm obviously a big Panthers fan and like to attend a lot of games. The same thing goes for basketball, baseball, etc. With the state of the US and increase in crazies, I would rather have some sort of defense when I can't carry. What knives do you guys recommend?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The standard was Kevin McClung's Mad Dog Frequent Flyer--Prescott, AZ. I think Arizona Custom Knives still sells the knife.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dang, those are some pricey little suckers.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Just carry a Glock 7.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/340601935

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/340601935

I apologize, I should have known better. It's been a while since I've been in there.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
You might want to check legality of sneaking in a weapon.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Technically a letter opener?

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:

North Carolina apparently has some rather restrictive and backwards knife laws. State law says that only an "ordinary pocket knife carried in a closed position" is legal for concealed carry. Carrying a fixed blade knife in a concealed manner, stadium or no stadium, would technically be a Class 2 misdemeanor (same class as simple assault, disorderly conduct, etc.). SOURCE 1, SOURCE 2

Also, Charlotte (where Bank of America Stadium is), prohibits carry of knives with a blade longer than 3.5 inches. SOURCE 3

I am unclear on whether posted signs, metal detectors, or it being stadium property/a public gathering would make it any more serious an offense.

Note that I'm not a lawyer and just going by my reading of the sources above. Hopefully an NC LEO or attorney will reply. I'd be curious if law enforcement would even charge for anything like that unless you were already being arrested for something more serious or being majorly uncompliant.

Edited to add: Not trying to tell you should or shouldn't carry a knife as you see fit. I believe free men have the right to decide such things for themselves. It should be an informed choice, though.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I love going to a live game too but the restrictions at the stadium are the main reason I just watch on TV. I am tired of the NFL and their "policies" that don't protect anyone.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
quote:

Technically a letter opener?

And my gun is a paper punch.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
When I go to a stadium i put my knife in the waist of my pants directly behind my belt buckle. Then when they wanted you, they think that's all that's there.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 3 1/2 inch fiberglass/polymer "letter opener" that will serve your purpose. I've been wondering how to dispose of it. PM me an address and I will karma it to you. If you like, and it's legal in your area, I'll send you a special set of pimp brass knuckles, rainbow titanium plated. You can knock the shit out of a unicorn with 'em.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post