SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First charges filed in Mueller investigation// Treasury Dept employee arrested for leaks
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First charges filed in Mueller investigation// Treasury Dept employee arrested for leaks Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why now and under the special prosecutor???

Tony Podesta is the brother of John Podesta.

John Podesta:

In 2008, he served as co-chair of President Obama’s transition team, where he coordinated the priorities of the incoming administration’s agenda, oversaw the development of its policies, and spearheaded its appointments of major cabinet secretaries and political appointees.

served as Counselor to the President. His duties included overseeing climate change and energy policy.

formerly served as White House chief of staff to President William J. Clinton.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just watch, Mueller will go after Democrats, he has to CYA his role in Uranium One.

Interesting angle, with Rosenstein thrown in for kicks.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:
quote:
Just watch, Mueller will go after Democrats, he has to CYA his role in Uranium One.

Interesting angle, with Rosenstein thrown in for kicks.

Wow!
Not going to happen.

Mueller demonstrated today that he is fully partisan in lock-step with the Democratic Party.

There is no possible way he would look down the road of DNC, Obama administration, or Clinton criminality or Democratic collusion with the Russians.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
BREAKING! John Roberts, White House Source: “George Papadopoulos evidence was provided by the White House”

REPORT - Fox News is reporting that a White House source has informed John Roberts (Fox News White House Correspondent) that the indictment against George Papadopoulos is based on emails provided to the special counsel by the White House / Trump campaign. This includes a series of emails where Papadopoulos urged the campaign to take a meeting with Russian government agents.

These request for a meeting were ignored by senior campaign officials. Papadopoulos was brought in to branch out relations to Greece, NOT Russia. His role in the campaign was minor and the evidence provided to the special counsel, again came directly from the White House. This shows the White House has been cooperating fully with the special counsel and has nothing to hide.
I expect this to develop into a major story. It shows that the campaign went out of their way to AVOID collusion with the Russians. It proves that Donald Trump and his campaign tried to play it by the book. It can put to bed a lot of the “collusion” conspiracy theories Democrats have been floating in the media for the past 72 hours.

https://medium.com/@rossdaniel...e-house-630eae043b6e

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I keep wondering what Manafort hasn't testified to or told the Mueller about, that he still could now that he's under the pressure of dealing with an indictment. Ah, well, I'm probably just being naive.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I'm with Alan on this one.

Dershowitz: I Don’t Think Mueller Will ‘Get’ Trump – ‘I Don’t Think They Have Anything’

On Monday’s edition of the Fox News Channel’s “The Story,” Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz stated that Special Counsel Robert Mueller is playing dominoes by indicting Paul Manafort to get to the president. Dershowitz added, “I don’t think they’re going to get him [Trump]. I don’t think they have anything.”

Dershowitz said, “Well, there’s no question that although Manafort didn’t do anything that had anything to do with the Russian probe or anything like that, his indictment has everything to do with Trump. They never would have indicted him for money laundering or tax evasion if he weren’t somebody they thought could turn on Trump, could provide information or evidence. If not Trump, somebody higher up in the chain between Manafort and Trump, this is dominoes. You knock down the first domino, that knocks down the second domino. Ultimately, what Mueller is aiming for is the big domino in the Oval Office. I don’t think they’re going to get him. I don’t think they have anything. Because collusion, even if were to be established, isn’t a crime. You have to find something that actually violates the federal criminal statutes. I don’t think they’re even close to that.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video...-they-have-anything/

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Remember the kid glove treatment in the FBI phony investigation of the emails ? Immunity passed out like candy at Halloween.

Attorney/client privilege granted even when the attorneys were the suspects.

Now for Mueller:

https://www.politico.com/story...tes-testimony-244339

Prosecutors convinced a federal judge to require a lawyer for Trump campaign officials Paul Manafort and Rick Gates to testify before the grand jury investigating Russian involvement in the 2016 election, a court ruling unsealed on Monday showed.

The unusual move is an indication of the aggressiveness of special counsel Robert Mueller's prosecution team as they prepared to indict Manafort and Gates on charges of money laundering and failing to register as foreign agents.

Lawyers for Manafort and Gates fought the prosecution's drive to intrude on attorney-client communications. But Chief Judge Beryl Howell of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia ruled that an exception, which involves using a lawyer to commit crime or fraud, applied to contacts with an attorney who helped respond to inquiries about why the pair had not filed foreign-agent lobbying registrations with the Justice Department.

New York University law professor Stephen Gillers said the judge was persuaded that there was significant evidence Manafort and Gates had duped their lawyer into sending inaccurate letters to Justice about their lobbying efforts and about what emails might exist about the work.

"Essentially, the judge is saying that it is probable or likely that the clients had a criminal or fraudulent purpose in hiring the lawyer, even if (we would hope) the lawyer did not know it,"

bit of a contrast

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Remember, your favorite CA senator already said they got nothing. THe ghost gun lady, her name escapes me.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Background:
John Podesta was tightly connected to Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama.

In 2013, Obama brought John Podesta to the White House as a special counselor.

The link below is to a Lobbying Registration form dated June 2012

The lobbying firm is the Podesta Group

The client is Uranium One Inc, Toronto

section 13 calls for Affiliated Organizations

"Is there an entity other than the client that contributes more than $5,000 to the lobbying activities of the registrant in a quarterly period and either actively participates in and/or in whole or in major part supervises, plans, or controls the registrant’s lobbying activities?"

The NO box is checked

Then section 14 calls for FOREIGN ENTITIES

Is there any foreign entity

a) holds at least 20% equitable ownership in the client or any organization identified on line 13; or

b) directly or indirectly, in whole or in major part, plans, supervises, controls, directs, finances or subsidizes activities of the client or any organization identified on line 13; or

c) is an affiliate of the client or any organization identified on line 13 and has a direct interest in the outcome of the lobbying activity?

The YES box is checked

since section 13 is NO, I high lighted the relevant parts of section 14

The Foreign Entity in Section 14 is

ARMZ Uranium Holding Co.
22 B. Drovyanoi Lane
Moscow, RUS

https://soprweb.senate.gov/ind...07911&filingTypeID=1

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Is it real or just the Onion? No one knows these days because it has become impossible to come up with satire.

https://politics.theonion.com/...dium=SocialMarketing

WASHINGTON—After issuing indictments against former Trump campaign associates Paul Manafort and Rick Gates on Monday, a teary-eyed Robert S. Mueller III reportedly whispered, “I’ll make those bastards pay,” into a locket containing a photo of James Comey. “I’ll never forget what those sons of bitches did to you,” said the special counsel, his voice trembling as a teardrop fell upon the small silver case that held a black-and-white photo and lock of hair from the former FBI director. “I won’t stop until every last one of them gets what they deserve. Don’t you worry, my dear James. Just leave it all to me—I promise I won’t let you down.” At press time, Mueller squeezed the locket in his fist for a moment before gently kissing it and tucking it back under his shirt.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Judge Napolitano on Why He Believes Trump Campaign Adviser 'Wore a Wire'

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...mueller-russia-probe

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Is it real or just the Onion? No one knows these days because it has become impossible to come up with satire.

https://politics.theonion.com/...dium=SocialMarketing

WASHINGTON—After issuing indictments against former Trump campaign associates Paul Manafort and Rick Gates on Monday, a teary-eyed Robert S. Mueller III reportedly whispered, “I’ll make those bastards pay,” into a locket containing a photo of James Comey. “I’ll never forget what those sons of bitches did to you,” said the special counsel, his voice trembling as a teardrop fell upon the small silver case that held a black-and-white photo and lock of hair from the former FBI director. “I won’t stop until every last one of them gets what they deserve. Don’t you worry, my dear James. Just leave it all to me—I promise I won’t let you down.” At press time, Mueller squeezed the locket in his fist for a moment before gently kissing it and tucking it back under his shirt.

It's both awesome and pathetically true at once. And the big indictment is something like this:

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Muellar's appointment ltr

"any links between Russian govt and individuals associated with the campaign ..."

or

"any coordination between Russian govt and individuals associated with the campaign ..."

what is the crime ?

is the crime buried in the investigation that Comey briefed on 20 Mar 2017?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
"Hopelessly Compromised": Judiciary Member Calls For Mueller's Resignation Over Uranium One Scandal

Earlier this morning House Judiciary Committee representative Matt Gaetz (R-FL) submitted a resolution calling for Robert Mueller to resign as special counsel overseeing the FBI investigation of possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government saying, among other things, that the former FBI director is "hopelessly compromised" as a result of his failed oversight of the controversial Uranium One transaction. Here is an excerpt from a press release posted to Gaetz's website earlier today:

“Evidence has emerged that the FBI withheld information from Congress and from the American people about Russian corruption of American uranium companies. A confidential U.S. witness, working in the Russian nuclear industry, revealed that Russia had deeply compromised an American uranium trucking firm through bribery and financial kickbacks.

Although federal agents possessed this information in 2010, the Department of Justice continued investigating this “matter” for over four years. The FBI, led at the time by Robert Mueller, required the confidential witness to sign a non-disclosure agreement. When the witness attempted to contact Congress and federal courts about the bribery and corruption he saw, he was threatened with legal action. By silencing him, Obama’s Justice Department and Mueller’s FBI knowingly kept Congress in the dark about Russia’s significant and illegal involvement with American uranium companies.

These deeply troubling events took place when Mr. Mueller was the Director of the FBI. As such, his impartiality is hopelessly compromised. He must step down immediately,” Rep. Gaetz said in a statement.

Gaetz’s resolution currently has two cosponsors, both of whom are members of the House Freedom Caucus: Representatives Andy Biggs (R-AZ) and Louie Gohmert (R-TX).

Of course, pressure has been growing on Mueller for the past couple of weeks and reached a fevered pitch when the The Hill recently reported the sordid tale of "Confidential Source 1," a man that the FBI used as an informant back in 2009 and who says he was silenced by the FBI and Obama administration when he attempted to come forward with information that linked the Clinton Foundation directly to the Uranium One scandal.

Toensing added her client has had contact from multiple congressional committees seeking information about what he witnessed inside the Russian nuclear industry and has been unable to
provide that information because of the NDA.

“He can’t disclose anything that he came upon in the course of his work,” she said.

The information the client possesses includes specific allegations that Russian executives made to him about how they facilitated the Obama administration's 2010 approval of the Uranium One deal and sent millions of dollars in Russian nuclear funds to the U.S. to an entity assisting Bill Clinton's foundation. At the time, Hillary Clinton was serving as secretary of State on the government panel that approved the deal, the lawyer said.

It has been previously reported that Bill Clinton accepted $500,000 in Russian speaking fees in 2010 and collected millions more in donations for his foundation from parties with a stake in the Uranium One deal,
transactions that both the Clintons and the Obama administration denied had any influence on the approval.

“All of the information about this corruption has not come out,” she said in an interview Tuesday. “And so my client, the same part of my client that made him go into the FBI in the first place, says, 'This is wrong. What should I do about it?'”

When he tried to bring some of the allegations to light in the lawsuit last year, “the Obama Justice Department threatened him with loss of freedom. They said they would bring a criminal case against him for violating an NDA,” she added.

“The government was taking a very harsh position that threatened both your reputation and liberty,” the civil lawyer wrote in one email. In another, she added, “As you will recall the gov’t made serious threats sufficient to cause you to withdraw your civil complaint."

As we pointed out last week, "Confidential Source 1" has since been cleared by the DOJ to meet with Congress to tell his tale.

Meanwhile, the scandal took another turn for the worse earlier this week when, despite numerous assurances to the contrary from the Obama administration, new memos obtained by The Hill confirmed that, in fact, Uranium One yellowcake was exported from U.S. shores repeatedly between 2012 - 2014.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill shows that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

NRC officials said they could not disclose the total amount of uranium that Uranium One exported because the information is proprietary. They did, however, say that the shipments only lasted from 2012 to 2014 and that they are unaware of any exports since then.

NRC officials told The Hill that Uranium One exports flowed from Wyoming to Canada and on to Europe between 2012 through 2014, and the approval involved a process with multiple agencies.

Of course, we're certain that Mueller will promptly admit his conflicts and do the right thing...right?

Below is the full text of the Gaetz' resolution:

Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Robert Mueller should resign from his special counsel position.

Whereas from 2001–2013, Robert Mueller served as Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation;

Whereas as early as 2009, the FBI discovered that Russian officials were engaging in bribery and extortion, tainting the American uranium industry in violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act to strengthen their own nuclear program;

Whereas investigations into Russia’s corruption of American uranium-related businesses were supervised by then-United States Attorney Rod Rosenstein, currently serving as Deputy Attorney General, and then-Assistant FBI Director Andrew McCabe, currently serving as Deputy Director of the FBI;

Whereas despite knowledge of this corruption, backed by documents and an eyewitness account, neither the Department of Justice nor the Federal Bureau of Investigation under the leadership of Mr. Mueller brought charges;

Whereas the Department of Justice actively threatened the liberty of a confidential informant embedded within Russia’s nuclear program who wished to inform Congress about Russian corruption of American uranium-related companies, and the FBI required this informant to sign a non-disclosure agreement, intentionally depriving Congress of information vital to national security and Congressional oversight authority;

Whereas Members of Congress have raised objections to, and concerns with, the sale of American uranium assets to Russian companies, and raised these concerns in official correspondence to then-President Obama as early as 2010;

Whereas in 2010, when the Russian Federation needed American approval of uranium sales, former President William Jefferson Clinton received hundreds of thousands of dollars in speaking fees from Kremlin-linked institutions, and requested approval from the State Department to meet with central figures in Russia’s nuclear industry, and eventually met with Russian leader Vladimir V. Putin at Mr. Putin’s private residence;

Whereas the Clinton Foundation has either directly or indirectly received undisclosed donations totaling millions of dollars from Russian-linked sources, including from officials in Russia’s nuclear program;

Whereas in 2010, Hillary Clinton, founder of the Clinton Foundation, wife of former President Clinton, and then Secretary of State, approved the sale of Uranium One to a Russian state-owned nuclear technology corporation;

Whereas any thorough and honest investigation into the corruption of American-uranium related business must include investigating the willful blindness of the FBI and its leaders;

Whereas under 28 CFR 45.2, no individual can participate in a criminal investigation if he has a personal or political relationship with any organization substantially involved in the conduct that is subject of the investigation;

Whereas under 28 CFR 45.2, no individual may participate in a criminal investigation if the individual’s participation would create an appearance of conflict of interest likely to affect public perception of the integrity of the investigation;

Whereas the Code of Federal Regulations, applied to Mr. Mueller, demonstrates that he cannot be allowed to investigate his former colleagues, supervisors, and subordinates;

and

Whereas these obvious conflicts of interest are unacceptable to the United States justice system and the American people:

Now, therefore, be it Resolved,

That House of Representatives expresses its sense that Robert Mueller is compromised and should resign from his special counsel position immediately.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...on-over-uranium-one-

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Good. Take assistant AG Rothstein too. The entire "Just Us" department is compromised really. They could care less about law enforcement, they are just a means to keep the swamp creatures in power.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Politico: I've Covered Foreign Lobbying for 20 Years and I'm Amazed Manafort Got Busted
That's because the foreign lobbying laws are so toothless that you can count on one hand the number of people prosecuted for what Manafort is accused of.

Does anyone remember this statement:
quote:
"Although there is evidence of potential violations, our judgment is that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case"

Mueller is out for blood, no matter what laws or ethical standards he has to violate to get it.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Mueller has no ethical standards. You can tell because the press keeps saying he does. They constantly fed us the same lines about Comey. Look what a dirtbag he turned out to be.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check under the whiteout innocent until proven guilty was there somewhere.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Donna Brazile Says She "Feared For Her Life" After Seth Rich Was Killed.

Why would that be? Rich was killed in a "random street mugging" so say the DC police. So, why would she be so nervous on an unrelated crime? Or maybe she knows something about the Clintons and their methods?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/...seth-rich-was-killed

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post