SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First charges filed in Mueller investigation// Treasury Dept employee arrested for leaks
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First charges filed in Mueller investigation// Treasury Dept employee arrested for leaks Login/Join 
Picture of porterdog
posted Hide Post
This came across Twitter; potentially of interest:
Tucker Carlson: It's Manafort and the Podestas

Is your government serving you?

Posts: 1271 | Location: Detroit (Rock City!) | Registered: September 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
If it's true that Podesta is wrapped up in this....I'm going to light fireworks and have a beer. I don't see him keeping his mouth shut when faced with hard time. Manafort either really. I bet they both will try to cut a deal to save their own skin.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess we'll know on Monday (most likely).

Either way, things are going to get pretty interesting.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank God I don't watch the NFL anymore. This stuff is much more interesting.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
If it's the Podestas, my guess is that the Democrats are going to lose all interest in Mueller's investigation. You won't have loons like Schiff and Waters ranting on MSNBC about collusion.

A couple of fun questions to ponder:

Would Podesta be willing to do real time rather than roll on the Clintons?

How confident are the Clintons that Podesta would be willing to do real time rather than roll on the Clintons? I wonder if worried Podesta is about being suicided.

Of course we don't know yet that the Podestas are being charged, but it makes me giddy to think about it.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
If it's true that Podesta is wrapped up in this....I'm going to light fireworks and have a beer. I don't see him keeping his mouth shut when faced with hard time. Manafort either really. I bet they both will try to cut a deal to save their own skin.

That's usually the way it works. Arrest and threaten the low hanging fruit to get cooperation to testify on those above.

If the Podesta Bros. are next on the list, this will get interesting as that will most likely lead up towards the Clinton's and the last regime.

We can only hope.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Clinton gets taken down for collusion with the Russians, then Obama gets smeared big time too at a minumum, don’t you think. No way with all the Dems on the special counsel are they going to let that happen. I mean, besides Obama who is the leader of the Democratic Party? Who fills the void? Or would they go full blown commie with Sanders???

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...probe-report-n815246

A federal grand jury in Washington has approved the first criminal charges in the special counsel’s investigation into Russian election interference, two sources told NBC News, marking a significant milestone in an inquiry that has roiled Donald Trump’s presidency.

Mueller's Office of the Special Counsel will make public an indictment on Monday , a U.S. official with firsthand knowledge of the process confirmed to NBC News, without disclosing the name of the target or the nature of the charges. The timing was confirmed by a second source familiar with the matter.

depending on who is indicted on what charges, there will be a lot of comparison to the recent revelations about Clinton/Clinton Foundation/Uranium/Russia

Posts: 19561 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Seeing the podestas get indicted would be sweet, but I think likely we'll only see Manafort indicted at this juncture. And if not him then someone else connected to the Trump campaign.

We're about to find out just how corrupt and bias this special counsel really is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
If it's the Podestas, my guess is that the Democrats are going to lose all interest in Mueller's investigation. You won't have loons like Schiff and Waters ranting on MSNBC about collusion.

How confident are the Clintons that Podesta would be willing to do real time rather than roll on the Clintons? I wonder if worried Podesta is about being suicided.

Of course we don't know yet that the Podestas are being charged, but it makes me giddy to think about it.

Podesta would meet his demise mysteriously as others did if he agreed to offer anything on Queen Evil and her husband.

Posts: 3591 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My money is on Manafort. And you can bet that the first words out of the dems' cock holsters will be "IMPEACH".

Good thing is Manafort seems to have been playing both sides. I'm pretty confident he has nothing on the Trump campaign, but I bet the dems are sweating a little this weekend....Hillary is probably trying to find John Wick's number (he did work for the Russians.....)

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Very likely he'd get Vince Foster'd

quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Podesta would meet his demise mysteriously as others did if he agreed to offer anything on Queen Evil and her husband.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Seeing the podestas get indicted would be sweet, but I think likely we'll only see Manafort indicted at this juncture. And if not him then someone else connected to the Trump campaign.

Yeah, I bet it's Manafort. They will try to flip him.

I highly doubt it's Podesta. That would implicate Mueller's good friend and co-worker for 30 years - Comey, who looked the other way and approved the Uranium One deal. Mueller knows that his charge is to bring down Trump at all costs and I highly doubt he is going to go after the Dems or the FBI on Uranium One.

If he were to do that, the media would lose all interest in the actual investigation and it would be an all out push to get Mueller out of there. I'm sure it would be a 'bipartisan' push with the RINOs leading that charge if Mueller goes rogue and starts looking into the establishment.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree with BamaJeepster.... it's Manafort.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24061 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So he spends 12 paragraphs laying out Russian collaboration and collusion on the part of the Podesta's and Manafort as given to him by his supposed reliable and truthful source and then at the end he says
quote:
"The Podesta Group he says, "is in their crosshairs." We should note the obvious, that many of the lobbying efforts our source described to us today are not yet illegal necessarily
So what are we talking about then, why should anyone be indicted?
Not yet illegal necessarily, What the hell does that mean?

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
My guess is that someone is going to be charged for not filing the proper paperwork saying they were a foreign agent. Might be a small fine...file the paperwork and go on.

They know they're lying. We know they're lying...and they know we know they're lying.
They also know there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Business as usual...

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Follow the choreography of the Mueller Counter-narrative

With the Fusion-GPS/Uranium One mega-scandal unfolding, it’s time for a counter-narrative. And there’s nothing like an indictment – a fact on the ground – to grab attention away from theories and evidence, and investigations. Especially with the MSM demonstrating Soviet levels of ideological conformity.

With perfect timing, a wave of media hysteria is building up for Monday's roll-out. News was leaked last night to Trump’s “very fake news” foe CNN:

A federal grand jury in Washington on Friday approved the first charges in the investigation led by special counsel Robert Mueller, according to sources briefed on the matter.

The charges are still sealed under orders from a federal judge. Plans were prepared Friday for anyone charged to be taken into custody as soon as Monday, the sources said. It is unclear what the charges are.

David Gergen, on Anderson Cooper’s show as the news was breaking, framed the rollout for CNN’s viewers: “It certainly looks like the dam is about to break.”

I have no more idea who will be charged with what than anyone else outside what we might as well call the Get Trump Inner Circle. But I urge all readers to watch the process by which the event is staged. This political theatre is being managed. The conning tower of the Deep State is breaking the surface.

The first stage of the operation will unfold on the MSM as we watch and read. We have an entire weekend ahead for rampant speculation that will slur the reputations of all mentioned, no matter what the eventual charges may be, no matter who is indicted and presumably arrested.

Arrests, with prominent defendants in handcuffs make for great visuals. I think it is a stunt when there is no possibility of a defendant fleeing, but from the same gang that staged a predawn raid on the Pajama-clad Manafort household, it is to be expected.

http://www.americanthinker.com...unternarrative_.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24061 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Hope springs eternal. But the conjecture here ignores the fact that Mueller has a staff of hard core Demo insiders. Big money donors who just love Slick and the Hag. If one "insider" has leaked the story to the media, you can pretty well bet the Hag and her minions know it all already. And they have the entire weekend to formulate their lies to cover their asses. I would bet they know everything that Mueller is doing before he does it.

They call him an Independent Prosecutor not because he's independent, but because he doesn't work for the DOJ. Does anyone remember the "Independent Prosecutor" that investigated Slick? Or how the Dems trashed him the entire time? Now the foot is on the other shoe, so to speak. Smile

We'll see on Monday, and I'm betting it will be nothing.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
After thinking about this for a while, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh and he's been mentioning that no matter what the Democrats do, Hillary won't go away. She is damaging the Democratic Party. The Democrat party is in shambles right now. They're losing their base and have been proven to be hypocrites.

Now I admit, this is a longshot, but what if this investigation is a way to purge toxic members from the Democratic Party? Both of the Clintons were heavily connected to Harvey Weinstein and he's been targeted and he's out too. Their house of cards seems to be crumbling.

What if all these democratic lawyers that Meuller hired are there to save the DNC now by getting rid of the Clintons? It seems like a pipe dream, perhaps still a possibility.

At this point, I don't see how Mueller can legitimately go after anybody from the Trump campaign and not come out of this unscathed himself. Especially when new revelations have confirmed what we already knew which is that the Clintons are the ones that are really tied to the Russians.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Throughout this whole thing one of the biggest barometers of who is "winning" is money. And right now the republicans are out raising the democrats. The democratic party is most definitely fractured. Hopefully this drives a bigger wedge in it.