SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 16-year-old daughter just donated her hair
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 16-year-old daughter just donated her hair Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Damn! You sure raised her right, that was impressive and she shoots too... Boys better look out when they come calling.

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Damn! You sure raised her right, that was impressive and she shoots too... Boys better look out when they come calling.
She makes them ask me for permission. I interview them with a Mossberg 590 in my hands. LOL

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Speaks to how you raised her, caring for others, yep you did good.

You've got a whole pack of good looking kids.

Indeed, and it is all too rare these days.

Well done, Dad.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That's just wonderful, and something of which to be truly proud. Congratulations.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
May God heap blessings on her Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My brother's hair grows really fast, he gets it cut at the beginning of summer, donates it to Locks of Love, then let's it grow for a yr, & does it all over again. Every year. I tried donating once but at the time, my hair was dyed & they couldn't accept it

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
now that is a great kid!! proud!

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5297 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
People keep asking me if im going to do that. Maybe i will. Good on her!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Awesome of her to do that. I'm sure someone will really appreciate her kind deed.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Nice lookin' kids.
Seems you raised them well... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Good for her.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wonderful kid! Good on you, dad. Cool

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's great for the person who'll be getting her hair. Can't say much anymore. My allergies are coming on.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1KPerDay:
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Buy her a 1911, she deserves it
LOL I like the way you think. I have one for her when she wants it. She's been shooting .22 Ruger in matches with me... tomorrow is her first IDPA match shooting a 9mm. Probably a G19 or M&P.

And while you're at it, buy yourself one, too... A father/daughter set that will remind you of her kindness and remind you both of each other, every time you take them out.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
She won junior division at the IDPA match! First time shooting IDPA, with unfamiliar pistol and gear. Pics later

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3210 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Speaks to how you raised her, caring for others, yep you did good.

You've got a whole pack of good looking kids.

I agree with every bit of that.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post