SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 16-year-old daughter just donated her hair
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 16-year-old daughter just donated her hair Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted
I had no idea she was planning this but she just sent me the pics. She donated her long braids to an organization that makes wigs for kids with cancer. I love this kid so much I can barely talk about it.

Before: with her twin brothers at their recent graduation

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3204 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Speaks to how you raised her, caring for others, yep you did good.

You've got a whole pack of good looking kids.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellant job by your daughter and you!

Posts: 2353 | Location: Vancouver WA | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on her.

My daughter did that as well. Make sure you do your research on which group to give it to. Some of the charities that make wigs for hairless girls ( and boys I assume) charge those girls for the wig, some don't. We gave our daughters hair to a group that doesn't charge the end receiver.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Very thoughtful of her. They look like great kids.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Great young lady.

Not to sound stalker like, but I've got that picture pegged in Pleasant Grove or Lindon, UT. I'm a close?

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Great kid, you raised her right, hope I can do the same with my 13 month old.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Buy her a 1911, she deserves it

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Very cool. Great young lady.

Not to sound stalker like, but I've got that picture pegged in Pleasant Grove or Lindon, UT. I'm a close?
yep! somewhere around there. Not sure where she went to get her hair fixed.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
Buy her a 1911, she deserves it
LOL I like the way you think. I have one for her when she wants it. She's been shooting .22 Ruger in matches with me... tomorrow is her first IDPA match shooting a 9mm. Probably a G19 or M&P.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
That is something to be very proud of.
I am touched as I know you are.

She is a great Kid.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That is great!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!!
Thank you to you and your daughter.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Great kid! Both of my daughters have done this It's so awesome to see the kindness of children.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Great to see this selfless gesture from a young one. Congrats!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for her, nice to see kids giving to others in need especially as it was totally her own initiative.

My youngest son did the same a couple years ago when he was 16, he had some pretty long hair too, but no braids. Smile

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1935 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grand daughter did the same thing a few years ago when she was 9 or 10.

It was her idea as she had heard of the organization that uses the hair for cancer patient wigs at school and volunteered to donate. We were all very proud of her.

Posts: 1571 | Location: SW PA | Registered: November 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Great job Dad! You guys obviously raised her right. Thank you for protecting our future!

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that is a wonderful thing. You have a fine daughter and should be very proud. My mailman is in his mid forties and has black hair, going gray. He gets it cut every year or so and gives it to a charity. I think it is called "Locks of Love"

Posts: 618 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
My daughter also donated hair to make hairpieces for children that lost theirs due to chemotherapy or illness. I think the organization was "Locks of Love". Good for her, and good on you for raising a kind and thoughtful citizen.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: greco,

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post