SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woman.....! I shouldn't have given her a key to my shop.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman.....! I shouldn't have given her a key to my shop. Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted
I bought a new 80 tooth finish blade for my miter saw a month ago to cut some reclaimed oak for my house. I replaced the doors upstairs and have some very nice clear oak lengths trued on my jointer, planed and sanded. Made some plinth blocks and banding to create a stain grade multi dimensional molding profile around each door. I went out to the shop tonight to make sure I had everything I needed for tomorrow and found a huge pile of saw dust all over my table. The trail of concentration led to my miter saw stand. I followed it to see a pile of discarded pieces of tree branch......WTFreak?! I Went in the house to inquire who the culprit was as if I didn't know. Mrs DF cut up a ton of branches so she could use the disks in an art project. I went back out and made a cut on some scrap oak. Yep. Ruined. The cut was choppy and the blade pulled on the material as I cut. Checked the teeth. Porked. Some broken off. She has her own miter saw, but used mine because it was already set up. I love my wife, but sometimes.....! Mad

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a keeper if you ask me Big Grin

Sounds like something mine would do or similar. She is more handy than myself. I like that about her.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I bought a new 80 tooth finish blade for my miter saw a month ago to cut some reclaimed oak for my house. I replaced the doors upstairs and have some very nice clear oak lengths trued on my jointer, planed and sanded. Made some plinth blocks and banding to create a stain grade multi dimensional molding profile around each door. I went out to the shop tonight to make sure I had everything I needed for tomorrow and found a huge pile of saw dust all over my table. The trail of concentration led to my miter saw stand. I followed it to see a pile of discarded pieces of tree branch......WTFreak?! I Went in the house to inquire who the culprit was as if I didn't know. Mrs DF cut up a ton of branches so she could use the disks in an art project. I went back out and made a cut on some scrap oak. Yep. Ruined. The cut was choppy and the blade pulled on the material as I cut. Checked the teeth. Porked. Some broken off. She has her own miter saw, but used mine because it was already set up. I love my wife, but sometimes.....! Mad

Maybe that's one difference between me and you. My wife has never used my table saw, miter saw, jointer, planer, drill press; router table, has no interest in doing so. But she has no qualms in telling me I am doing it wrong when I am using one of those tools. Roll Eyes

BTW, any scars/stitches as "memorabilia" of your power tools? Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
This is twu wuv.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:

Maybe that's one difference between me and you. My wife has never used my table saw, miter saw, jointer, planer, drill press; router table, has no interest in doing so. But she has no qualms in telling me I am doing it wrong when I am using one of those tools. Roll Eyes

None on me.....Jury's still out on SWMBO though. One of her brothers is a master woodworker. A retired cop, he has plenty of time to work his passion in his shop. A few years ago he bought a Sawstop table saw. He is super careful. He makes deliberate and slow movements around machinery. I credited that to his having all ten digits even after working in his shop for 25 years. I figured he bought the Sawstop on a whim. However, just a year later, WHAM! the Sawstop blade was triggered, jammed into the aluminum brake and dove under the table surface faster than one can blink. He felt nothing, but on inspection noticed a tiny nick on a finger. Somehow careful Cho (his nick name since a child) touched the blade. He still doesn't know how, but is certain he would have lost that finger. Would have been a member of the stub club. I'm pretty careful too, but have caught myself getting close....

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scoutmaster:...BTW, any scars/stitches as "memorabilia" of your power tools? Smile

None on me..../QUOTE]

OK, I am jealous. I have nothing missing, but I do have some reminders.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scoutmaster:...BTW, any scars/stitches as "memorabilia" of your power tools? Smile

None on me..../QUOTE]

OK, I am jealous. I have nothing missing, but I do have some reminders.

That Damocles sword hangs over us all. Big Grin

Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My wife couldn't open the door to my enclosed delivery trailer, so my mother loaned her a crow bar. the door when she finished looked like a lid out of a coffee can I kid you not, all she had to do is turn the handle and pull. but that was just to difficult. btw she never did get the door open.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
At least it’s only the blade and you found out before digging it into some near-priceless wood.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Your job is to make your wife happy, isn't it? Your cost for enabling her success on her project (an essential element of her self-esteem and happiness) is a new miter saw.

Sounds cheap to me. What're you complaining about?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BTW, any scars/stitches as "memorabilia" of your power tools? Smile[/QUOTE]

Maybe... I’ve used woodworking tools for 35 years. I’m cutting a channel in a 2X2 to make a window for my deer shack. First kickback on a bench saw. Never felt a thing.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Maybe buy her one for Christmas or her next birthday.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Maybe buy her one for Christmas or her next birthday.

"She has her own miter saw, but used mine because it was already set up. I love my wife, but sometimes.....! Mad"

In the OP Darthfuster says she has one of her own already.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I resisted the urge to get after her about the blade. I just bought a new one that I'll swap out when I'm done.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:

Maybe... I’ve used woodworking tools for 35 years. I’m cutting a channel in a 2X2 to make a window for my deer shack. First kickback on a bench saw. Never felt a thing.
[/QUOTE]

You should warn us before posting a pic like that. Smile

But it looks like the back of my pointer finger a couple of years ago. I was in a hurry to finish up some work before going to class, lost focus on the band saw. The ER was on the way to the college, I stopped in, told them to glue it up. "You are passed the glue stage, well into the stitch stage". I was about 30 minutes late for class.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
My wife couldn't open the door to my enclosed delivery trailer, so my mother loaned her a crow bar. the door when she finished looked like a lid out of a coffee can I kid you not, all she had to do is turn the handle and pull. but that was just to difficult. btw she never did get the door open.

My wife has done the same, and far worse. Roll Eyes

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Mine managed to bend up a garage door, but at least she stays away from my power tools.

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
I resisted the urge to get after her about the blade. I just bought a new one that I'll swap out when I'm done.
Wise man. Sometimes saying nothing says everything.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I will pass on what my father told me when I was young. During life you will make choices, with those choices come consequences. Some consequences are good some are bad. All choices you will have to live with....my suggestion is pick better blades for your Miter saw! Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:

[/QUOTE]

Wow nice memory scar...at least you still have yours, my son’s best friend was cutting wood on his table saw cutting off his thumb at the He first joint......it was not attachable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post