SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good, safe, long lasting, dog chew suggestion
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good, safe, long lasting, dog chew suggestion Login/Join 
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Our boy Carl is a power chewer - thankfully he only chews on appropriate toys.

Occasionally he'll get a black kong filled with peanut butter - though we have to watch him as he's bitten chunks out of those in the past. Black kongs are stronger than the red kongs.

Extra large size power chew Nylabones seem to last reasonably well (smaller or non-power chew don't last very long with him).

Toys made out of fire hose material seem to last pretty well.

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Kong.

Costco usually sells 3 packs of toys at a decent price that last a little while.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chad mattson
posted Hide Post
I almost lost my girl to a rawhide in her throat and reached in there and managed to yank it out. Then she grabbed it before I could clear her mouth and she swallowed it. Labs eat like goldfish but after that no more raw hides, scared the crap outta me.
Since then Antlers are the best. There are different quality so watch for that. I’ve had ones that the dog ate in a day and others that have lasted a year, same size. Deer, elk, moose, any and all are great and most importantly safe. Animal horns are ok but stink but really antlers are the answer. Then teach your dog to find them in the wild. Saves money and it’s fun. Dogs can be amazing at finding antlers like 20 to 1 versus me looking and that’s an average antler hunting dog. Best of luck with your pup

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I used to give my GSD (RIP) rawhide bones a long time ago, until I started hearing about cheap (mostly Chinese) ones causing blockages. As hard as it can be to tell Chinese junk from others, I just stopped giving them to her period.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Bully sticks,only from USA or south America. Stay away from anything Chinese.. My dog loves them and they are digestible..

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chad mattson
posted Hide Post
This place sells quality antlers of all kinds and has a 20% sale, here’s the info
20% off all RidgeRunner Antler Chews
through Monday, November 30th using discount code BF2020

Posts: 201 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
My Sheltie likes Cow's Ear and Cow's tails. He cries for them.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post