New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy weather Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted
While it is a common refrain around here (western South Dakota) that whatever the weather is it's gonna change significantly quickly, it really doesn't address the mind boggling change from a high of 77 today to a forecast high of just 27 two days later.

We're also expecting the first snow of the season. Forecasts vary somewhat with the model used but 6 inches or so is pretty uniform.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I am heading out for first rifle season for elk on Thursday. I'll be deep in the woods for about a week. The first few days are going to be brutal at night. This is the forecast for the closest town, Walden, CO. Eff me.

yesterday the forecast was -2. I guess I should be happy it's forecasted to be warming up!

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Same weather and forecast here.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mother nature is a touchy bitch!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine that CO is colder than the Yoop, since you are farther south than we are. The mountains must factor in. Nice weather for us for the next couple of days, than rain.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Here in PA we went from having the AC on with it being 95 degrees outside to the heat on with it being 50 degrees outside in 3 days. Eek

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

Hard to imagine that CO is colder than the Yoop, since you are farther south than we are. The mountains must factor in. Nice weather for us for the next couple of days, than rain.
Altitude. Walden is a bit over 8,000'

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Snow and frost last week, now more snow and drop in temps tonite and Wed. A most unusual pattern for October. Damn aliens farkin around with the the weather man.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Bunch of snow and cold a week ago here in north central MT.

Currently 30 degs and light snow. Supposed to end tomorrow noonish. But lows in the teens in the AM.

Crazy Fall so far. Summer right to Winter.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
On the other end of SoDak we had 70 degrees today and a 40% chance of snow for Saturday.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
It's been fairly roller-coaster here in the SF Bay Area as well. A few days of shorts/t-shirt weather, then suddenly fairly cold. And now they're going to shut down the power grid in certain areas because of killer winds about to hit!

It's the end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it. Or not.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Today I drove from downtown Kalispell to Costco. That is about a mile. The temperature readout on my car went from 43° to 32° in that 3-4 minutes. The sky went from clear (I had on my Maui Jims) to a snowstorm. Gotta love Big Sky Country.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Yep, got out of there today, sitting in MN now, stay warm bald1 won’t be back until next May. AZ bound via MN, MO and AR

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1967Goat:
This is the forecast for the closest town, Walden, CO. Eff me.

Stay warm. If you see a Jayco Talon near your camp stop on by and say hi. Hopefully we’ll have enough propane to make it through the night....

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Yep, got out of there today, sitting in MN now, stay warm bald1 won’t be back until next May. AZ bound via MN, MO and AR

You Snow Birds have all the fun. LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Driving through western SD a couple of years back, I noted endless fields of grain and the winds!. Beautiful country.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Seems like almost any time of the year we have potential for ‘crazy weather’? Maybe it’s time to admit, weather varies widely.

I do predict it will be cold this Winter, bone chilling cold at times. Some dry firewood comes inside today, along with northern white cedar kindling for stating the woodstove.

What a bunch of saps to think we only have 12 years left? How do people get so stupid?

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

You Snow Birds have all the fun. LOL

LOL today I worked on repairs lot of fun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
AZ bound via MN, MO and AR

We've finally settled into our typical October weather, low to mid 80's, low dew point temp and low humidity. No precip in forcast. Down into the 50's at night. I'm out on the front porch with my MBP right now (2:30am), with a long sleeve T-shirt and Carhartt hoodie. Later today will switch to a short sleeve T-shirt only.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well Bald1 you going to let us know if you are still warm, and how much snow you got?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ