New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy weather Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Yesterday the high temperature was near 70*. The leading edge of the front arrived in late afternoon with a dramatic increase in winds. I pulled my flags in at about 3:30. The system arrived in earnest by supper time. Sustained winds of 25 mph with gusts higher. Started spitting rain first and by bedtime our GSD didn’t even want to go outside to pee. It blew all night long and hasn’t let up. As I write this at 0725 Mountain, it’s 15*, snowfall has been light, <1”, but we’re supposed to have 3-6” by this time tomorrow. It’s not like it hasn’t happened before.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
The weather here has been as predictable as I remember. We are suffering a cold spell today and tomorrow though. It’ll be rough. I hope I can make it through.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
In the Ft. Collins, CO area, we went from a high yesterday of around 83 to a forecast low tonight of 12 degrees. That's brutal! I'm betting the trees and other vegetation will suffer. Confused

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Lows for the Houston area today...72. Cold front headed this way. Friday and Saturday? 50 and 55, respectively. That's why the fire pit is coming out Saturday night. Yeah baby!!! Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post