Find
Notify
Tools

Hug your kids Login/Join 
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted
tomorrow's not guaranteed.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen, I miss mine. They have been with grandma and grandpa in oregon for 4 weeks

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I'm laying here trying to get my 2 year old to sleep and getting very frustrated.

Thank you for the attitude adjustment, Nick.

Still praying for you on a regular basis.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
We had daddy daughter day today and are now watching the mummy 2 together.

I get as frustrated as any parent but I am very lucky to have the daughter I do and we have fun together.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I agree and understand SEG...I will Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Thumper. Have you ever read/heard "Go The Fuck To Sleep". If not enjoy......
https://youtu.be/Udj-o2m39NA

Prayers for your peace Sock Eating Golden.

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Hard to believe that has been five years. I'm really sorry.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Mine are grown, SEG, but thanks.

My best to you, brother.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My girls are grown. I interact with them everyday.

31 and 26, three grandchildren.

Everyday, they are all on my mind.

I cannot begin to imagine the anguish you must feel, and no words can assuage you of your loss.

I think of you often and pray for some relief and healing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth. Life never terrified me until having my daughter. Now I am a nervous wreck all the time. Everything scares the shit out of me now. When we have severe storms here I am terrified because I cannot protect her from that. I hate that feeling.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Amen SEG.

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Every time I see your signature line I think of seeing your posts about that day. I pray for you and your family Nick.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Will do SEG. I have prayed often, for you, and so many others who were in that position which I can't fathom. Prayers to you my friend.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nick, my thoughts are you today, I remember that day 5 years ago. Peace eace be to you and Kimber, the boys and Pheobe.
-Sid

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blessings

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent your way Nick.

I was having quite a row with my son last night (homework) and when all was said and done I stopped to hug him and remind him that if I didn't believe in him I wouldn't expect so much.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My three boys are men now, and much taller than me.They still get hugs and a "love ya" when they leave the house. My Dad never dad that and I probably overdo it.

Hard to believe it's been five years. You and your family will be in our prayers today.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen. Our prayers for you and your family, hoping that time will heal and allow you to cherish the good memories more...

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1526 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I avoided this thread for a few days because I didn't want to read a sad or tragic story about kids. It gets to me more than I would like to admit.

Today it's back to school for my two boys. First and third graders walking them to their new classrooms. Good stuff like this tends to fly.

They are part of every breath.

-TVz

Posts: 432 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Every chance I get. My little girl just turned 16 and my boy will be 10 Thursday. They are our lives and our only wish is to spend more time with them.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post