SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DIY Honeywell Wireless Home Security Setup- Tips & thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIY Honeywell Wireless Home Security Setup- Tips & thoughts? Login/Join 
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted
Any thoughts or tips are welcome. Something of a security system rookie here.

We currently have ADT, now out-of-contract and I'd like to shed them like dirty socks if possible. Also, because I'm a cheap bastard I'd like to retain the existing Honeywell wireless sensors that are already in place.

We'd like to have the option of expanding to "home controls" (lights, climate, etc) as well as have the option of either self-monitoring or using a central station. I've been looking at a Lynx L5210 wireless panel, ideally for set-up it up for "dual path" use (WiFi with cellular as a backup... no landline in the house.) It's a small house and there've been no issues with the existing wireless sensors & their range. Plan is for the "main"panel at a safe / inconspicuous location in the house, auxiliary keypad by the main entrance to make a crash 'n' smash less convenient.

- Am I missing anything?
- Anyone have experience with "DIY" monitoring through AlarmGrid, Geoarm, or similar?

Thanks up front!

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post