SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Here is a topic I have never seen here before...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here is a topic I have never seen here before... Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Interesting thread. Lilacs, have a regret here. Tried to start one from a cutting, sentimental reason I wanted one from that particular bush. Never rooted. Went back to try again, the bush(es) had been removed and mulched. Really wanted to have that take, it was on the site of the first house I lived in 1952 to 1959. I also have a photo of my great grandmother standing in front of the bushes. Memories.

I planted two Peonies last year. Second house I lived in from 1959 to 1970 had those. Don't really know why, just had an urge to get those.

Roadside Tiger Lily, have a clump I pulled up from the side of a road. Those things grow like weeds. Transplanted a small clump from our old house, they have done well since.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post

Wine Cups are probably my favorite wildflower, if I'm pressed to make a choice.

For a flowering tree, it is Mexican Plum.

For a cultivated flower, Louisiana Iris.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Carnations, lavender and mountain laurel.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am into azaleas. We have been planting them around our home and They are really starting to look nice.
We also like flowering trees, dogwoods and redbuds, cherry blossoms etc. It is one of the reasons we love virginia so much.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
almost any thing except an easter lily, the scent is too much for me (and I have a terrible sense of smell)

meanwhile, I have a bit of a green thumb I inherited from my Grandmother,

I love azaleas, had a yard full of them, mostly that I had cloned from plants she had ,,,

however when we moved, we moved from a nice wooded residential area, to a nice wooded almost rural residential area, so the deer ate my azaleas up, kilt them all,

also love Rhododendrons, had a few huge ones at the first house,,
current house has way too much sunlight,, so they did not survive,

roses are doing great, have several I cloned from an abandoned or wild rose that was in the way of a road widening project, it does great,

my grandmother has been gone since about 95 or so, and about 10yrs ago I found some seeds I had harvested in her yard, so I planted them

got a few plants out of it, and at least one black eye susan that blooms every summer, reminds me of her,,

currently trying to get an heirloom rose my wife snipped off a bush at the cemetery her father is buried at to take,, had no luck with the last snippet she gave me,, may need some fresh roottone,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Gardenias.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post