SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The end is neigh, I fear.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The end is neigh, I fear. Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
[QUOTE]How long ago did you post that thread, Dick?
I posted it back in November of 2009, like the 10th or 11th. Lee keeps a lot of useless drivel, as paid for by the annoying adds that keep running.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rburg,

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
As for the photo, I'm on it but over to the right. Its the newer house across from the condo's. Only been here for 8 years, but on that site for 23. When the wife had me down and unable to fight over it, she said she wanted to tear down the old hovel and build a new one. I told here I didn't care, I'm a dead man any how. So she did what wives do she spent a bunch of my accumulated savings and built us a retirement house on the riverbank.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Hang in there buddy, hopefully the doctors will figure out something.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I hope you are with us for a long time.

Holler when you are in the area, if I am not at work, I will buy you a beer or Diet Coke at Ethel's Tavern.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Stay strong, falls aren't a death sentence in themselves. My world changed dramatically over the last 6 months, but I am not going to let my cancer diagnosis beat me. I must have been asked the any falls question a 100 times while at MD Anderson and I always responded with "for my wife".

I live in Anchorage, KY which is essentially Louisville. I have a few weeks following surgery before I have to go back to work. Let me know if you want to get together to chat, drink coffee, etc..

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
rburg....but wait.....you haven't told me where to ship that stash of almost useful metal lawn mower gas cans from 1953....

and you haven't said nearly enough about modern JK winches, among other things....

annd... and....well, there's a ton of stuff I've intended to plague you with over the last few years....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
you haven't told me where to ship that stash of almost useful metal lawn mower gas cans from 1953....

and you haven't said nearly enough about modern JK winches, among other things....

The best place to store obsolete gas cans is along the interstates. You can't use them because they lack an EPA approved nozzle. Smile

As for JK winches, its an area where do it yourself doesn't apply. I had my oldest son instal mine, to the tune of a bunch of crying on his part, skinned knuckles, you name it. The best deal is to buy the mounting kit directly from the maker (not from your over priced parts counter). Pay some fool to install it. It can be made much easier, if you want, by purchasing a set of metric ratcheting box ends. It involves the nearly impossible hand clearance when tightening the bottom 4 bolts. Not that I need the one I've got, I've not used it in anger.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^^that right there is the kind of good advice we all count on you for.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The Big Guy in the Sky does a bit every night to a near standing room crowd.

You know, when your doing Eternity gigs, you have to keep killing 'em, so the Big Guy brings in new folks to provide Him material.

So, the older I get, the more I whisper the jokes, and all the while looking over my shoulder with bended ear trying to hear or see if the Death Angel is laughing.

So, continue being funny, but not too funny...

And between jokes, I'll slip in a prayer for your health.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Praying for the best for you and your loved ones, rburg.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post