SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The end is neigh, I fear.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The end is neigh, I fear. Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
OK, I don't fear it and its been a long time coming. My doctor asks if I've fallen in the last year. So I laugh and say "all the time", then I just get up and try again. I've stopped naming the falls because its a bit depressing. No idea why, and I even get to go to another one tomorrow. As I process through each one, I become even less convinced of their ability to do anything other than line their pockets and order more expensive tests. All that reveal nothing of use or interest to me.

Actually I haven't fallen in a few weeks. So near falls don't count. So I guess God has decided to give me another even more clear sign. I've got buzzards circling over head. Now that's a sure sign of doom and gloom. Could be they're just circling the river looking for a fish dinner. Believe what you want.

The last time I had a problem that required heart surgery, I started the message as "posting from my death bed". That one is still accessible on the S&W forum. They have a whole new crowd of pansies moderating now so I don't post much any more. If I stop posting, its because I can't.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
C'mon, Dick - you're going to outlive all of us.

Seriously though the falling could be caused by a number of non-life threatening things.
Have you seen an EENT and a Neurologist?

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check your inbox when you get time. Nothing urgent.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
The last time I had a problem that required heart surgery, I started the message as "posting from my death bed". That one is still accessible on the S&W forum.
How long ago did you post that thread, Dick?

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Hey, I’m in the same fix with my lung disease. The good thing is there are no expensive, disfiguring, uncomfortable, humiliating treatments to endure. There is nothing they can do. They do it very well, and the price is right!

I didn’t think I would make it to the elections. Well, I did. I didn’t think I would make it to New Years. Well, I did. Inauguration Day. Yep. Memorial Day, yep. Our anniversary, no problem. My birthday? Made it! New years, again? Yep!

I had tickets to a Glenn Miller Orchestra concert here a few months ago, prompted by an old girlfriend, with ADA seating to accommodate my scooter. The four of us made it, and dinner before!

All this time, I’ve been getting worse and worse. Nobody knows what might happen.

I’m like Yogi Berra who said his forecasting ability was none too good, particularly when it pertained to the future.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sorry you're having trouble, Burg. I've enjoyed your posts since the old days @ S&W Forum, before the mass exodus to Sigforum. Try not to croak out on us.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I am with Bob on this one. Maybe it would be worth the time and effort (hassle and aggravation) of getting another Doc to check you out.

I really enjoy your posts. I truly hope this is not your closing act. You have my best wishes, thoughts, and prayers.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
When I saw the title, I thought it would be about horses.
Seriously, putting on my cardiology hat I can tell you that most falls of the serious kind are due to cardiac or neurological problems. The cardiac kind often need a pacemaker which is a good fix, but BP needs to be checked to be sure not too LOW. A simple physical exam can detect most neurological causes of falling.

Falls are not serious until they are. One cracked skull is too many.

Be sure your doc goes over your meds as they can often contribute.

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
I hope you get to feeling better, sir! Your posts always give me a chuckle, and now that I work in downtown Cincy, every time I cross the bridge I look over towards the "Flying Saucer House" area and wonder what you're up to around there. For those unfamiliar, to just to the right of the leftmost beam in this picture is the silvery flying saucer house (I don't think rburg lives there, though. Big Grin)

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Thank God! I feared Bendable started making sense.

Rburg, each of us a time on earth. When that clock stops, we are over.

So do the best you can each day. It may be make it to the toilet once, but if that's the best you can do, you are doing your best.

I highly recommend reading or listening to the book The Subtle Art of not Giving a F**k by Mark Mason. It gave me a new perspective.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for you rburg. Hoping for better days ahead.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending prayers your way.

Posts: 2226 | Location: Lawrenceburg, In | Registered: May 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having made it through the Ebola Pandemic every new day is a blessing.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
If you're on any medication, it may be as simple as getting it adjusted. I had open heart surgery seven months ago, and the Dr.'s are still having to tweek my meds. When my BP gets below 110 that's when I have trouble.

Posts: 2221 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My best to you Rburg. I hope it isn't too near!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
More old drunks than there are old doctors so I guess you better have another round... Wink

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
JALLEN
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process

posted May 07, 2018 03:20 PM Hide Post
Hey, I’m in the same fix with my lung disease. The good thing is there are no expensive, disfiguring, uncomfortable, humiliating treatments to endure. There is nothing they can do. They do it very well, and the price is right!

I didn’t think I would make it to the elections. Well, I did. I didn’t think I would make it to New Years. Well, I did. Inauguration Day. Yep. Memorial Day, yep. Our anniversary, no problem. My birthday? Made it! New years, again? Yep!

I had tickets to a Glenn Miller Orchestra concert here a few months ago, prompted by an old girlfriend, with ADA seating to accommodate my scooter. The four of us made it, and dinner before!

All this time, I’ve been getting worse and worse. Nobody knows what might happen.

I’m like Yogi Berra who said his forecasting ability was none too good, particularly when it pertained to the future.

I sometimes disagree with you, but I admire the way you carry on day to day, posting here with always informed, intelligent views, especially on the law. And general good humor.

All the best to you, and Rburg, and everyone on the forum who is dealing with serious illness.

Years ago, I lived in Nepal and regularly went to a Buddhist monastery to sit and listen to the chanting. There was one monk who I could tell was old, but he looked great. One of the other monks told me that he was 90, and said, "If you come very early, at dawn, you can watch him in the courtyard." Every morning he did a martial arts workout with a big, heavy brass handled sword that had to weigh at least 20- 25 pounds. Whirling it over his head, leaping, slashing, stabbing.

I told this story to a friend when I got back. He said, "Yeah, that's cool. But, you know, eventually the sword wins."

For us all, eh? Eventually the sword wins.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Wishing you the best friend.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hang in there rburg...we still have need for an "unhappy ammo seeker" on the board...in all seriousness, you are in my thoughts and prayers for an improvement in your condition.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:

Have you seen an EENT and a Neurologist?

The neurologist is tomorrow afternoon. We've done the whole series with the cardiologist after a bunch of tests the last one, on the tilt table for blood pressure was both interesting and telling. He walked in at the end of the test, as preformed by a really cute nurse (all that made it tolerable) and said, well, its not your heart. Then he walked out. Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post