SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody Carry a Nongun Item in Their Vehicle to Repel Boarders
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody Carry a Nongun Item in Their Vehicle to Repel Boarders Login/Join 
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
One of these, for cutting seatbelts, in the door of each vehicle.
https://www.amazon.com/Spyderc...46&keywords=spyderco
I would not want to be cut with one.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
I think it would be difficult to effectively swing a bludgeon in the confines of a vehicle.

I always carry a knife and a gun on my belt at 12:00 and 2:00 respectively.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
The vehicle is a weapon.

And/or a means of escape, but there has to be room to maneuver.

I'm not too sure about the utility of impact weapons, as there isn't room in small cars to swing one, especially something long like a baseball bat, in particular, an adult-sized full length one. You could jab him in the face with the end of a bat.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'm not too sure about the utility of impact weapons, as there isn't room in small cars to swing one, especially something long like a baseball bat, in particular, an adult-sized full length one. You could jab him in the face with the end of a bat.

Although illegal in many/most places, brass knuckles or sap gloves would work fairly well.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

In our Medical store we sell these they are rather heavy and indestructible.... and it would hurt like hell if you got hit by one!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This stuff will take a bee down in mid flight. A spray to the face would probably turn around an attacker pretty quick,and as far as I know it is legal to have in your vehicle anywhere in the US.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Until, hopefully you can get to a better weapon?

I keep one gun on me at all times and another right next to me in my console that is easily reachable.
In the good ole days we had "gun racks". Cool

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

FoxLabs pepper spray, a ProTech Godson auto knive, and my CaneMasters cane, which is always with me.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This stuff will take a bee down in mid flight. A spray to the face would probably turn around an attacker pretty quick,and as far as I know it is legal to have in your vehicle anywhere in the US.

Deploying this in the cabin of a car would almost guarantee everyone gets a taste, much like OC. Depending on the type of attack, it may be better than the alternative.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a box of kleenex, ( somewhere) and some c.d.'s

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have pepper spray for any social justice speed bumps I encounter and a tomahawk just as a deterant. I figure nobody wants to mess with the crazy bastard who carries a tomahawk.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I have one of these in my truck.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...lade-hardwood-handle

It is pretty small at under 20 inches. Hadn't really thought about it, but i guess it could make a good poking tool in cramped quarters.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
I might have something handy.

Beside the two guys next to me in the crew seats..

Funny thing happened one day, some dude was waffling in his car looking at his phone or some such, at a stop light in front of me an the guys. This was after all the other traffic was a block down the road. I tapped the horn, 'like wake up guy", he steps out of his car and started in at me with some sort of language and attitude and took about two steps toward the truck all tough like. grrr!

Then his eyes cleared out some of the road rage, as they focused in on the three of us guys, on the front bench, looking back at him, smiling waving..he decided at that moment to get back in his car an slowly drive away down a side street.

Funny thing was I thought he was in need of help and about to render assistance...the help he needed was clearly not the road side assistance type..

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Work vehicle - hickory axe handle (keep meaning to pick up a replacement), pepper spray. Also have a 18” crow bar on the passenger floor.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes. It's on the right in this photo.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There might be some stale fig newtons in the back seat I could throw.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ball-peen hammer.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
There might be some stale fig newtons in the back seat I could throw.
Oh, I've got some Newtons for them alright.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Without getting into a lot of boring details, the one time I got cornered and had to repel a boarder approaching my car with their short baseball bat, I did it by showing them a Glock. So that’s what I recommend.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post