SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Paul Ryan not running for re-election
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paul Ryan not running for re-election Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted
This was a shocker.

Not sure where this came from, and not sure who will step in.

I sure hope it'll be someone from the Freedom Caucus, or someone aligned with their positions.

WSJ: House Speaker Paul Ryan Plans to Retire

quote:
April 11, 2018 8:54 a.m. ET
*House Speaker Paul Ryan Plans to Retire - Sources

*Wisconsin Republican Will Tell House Republicans Today He Will Not Run for Re-Election

More to Come

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Good. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, traitor.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another swamp rat gone. I don't recall him ever helping President Trump.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That's good, but don't think he is gone from the swamp. He will relocate to a murkier spot. Swamp critters is swamp critters.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Whatever happened to the secret list of sexual harassment perps that used our money to pay off their victims?

Why did that disappear?

I thought I read that Ryan was going to be implicated or on the list or something to do with keeping the list secret.

Frick. I'm so sick of these guys.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Any Wisconsin members have any thoughts on possible replacements? Are we looking forward to an improvement or another swamp creature?

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Another swamp rat gone.
+1000

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shocker? My sarcasm meter might be broken. They had to beg him to take the job.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
He's probably hoping for a raise by going to work for Mueller...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
No one wants to be Speaker except Nancy Pelosi.

He's quitting to run for president in 2020 on his belief that Trump won't or can't run and Pence bows out too. Ryan is a swamp critter through and through.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
This was a shocker.

Not really. This rumor has been circulating for a while.

Handicappers are betting on Steve Scalise for the next speaker.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Great news. I was NOT happy to hear of him becoming speaker and he absolutly lived up to my (low) expectations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Great news. I was NOT happy to hear of him becoming speaker and he absolutly lived up to my (low) expectations.

great

he is / was weak sauce

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
WOO-HOO!!!! This calls for a celebration!

Now, if we could only get rid of McConnell and Sessions we could make some real progress.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
This was a shocker.

This. Ryan should step down now. They’d be lucky to have Scalise.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
quote:
This was a shocker.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very good.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

Steve Scalise would be a good next speaker.... better than Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy.
Kevin McCarthy is the insider though, more likely to win, IMO.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24114 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I remember how upset I was when he took the position. I was hoping that Trump would be to much turmoil for this jackass to want to stick around. Some times wishes do come true.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4789 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Whatever happened to the secret list of sexual harassment perps that used our money to pay off their victims?

Why did that disappear?

I thought I read that Ryan was going to be implicated or on the list or something to do with keeping the list secret.

Frick. I'm so sick of these guys.

C'mon, it was only a mere $17 MILLION DOLARS of taxpayer money 'appropriated' from taxpayer's to pay off their sexual assault victims.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post