SIGforum
Gabby Giffords in new anti-gun commercial....

This topic can be found at:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2060024443

January 28, 2014, 02:40 PM
Bigboreshooter
Gabby Giffords in new anti-gun commercial....
Wonder how long it took them to train her to parrot the words.... Roll Eyes

http://news.yahoo.com/giffords...49838--politics.html

On the eve of President Barack Obama's State of the Union address, former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords is challenging Washington leaders not to ignore gun violence.

The former Democratic congresswoman is featured in a new television ad set to air immediately before and after the president's speech. In the ad, Giffords faces the camera and says, "Congress is afraid of the gun lobby."

"Tell Washington it's too dangerous to wait," she says in a slightly slurred voice.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"IF THERE WAS TO BE A NUCLEAR WARFARE THIS PLANT WOULD DISSOLVE RADIATION... AND REPEL IT." -- GWEN WARD OSBOURNE CHAPMAN FOR MAYOR

January 28, 2014, 02:46 PM
k5blazer
Her commercial is probably part of a new plan to get talk of gun control going again. Betcha El Douche proposes some sort of gun control.

January 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
Marlin Fan
I challenge the American people to ignore Gabby Giffords and our so called Washington leaders till they stop pissing away money and fix the economy. And then still ignore them!!
January 28, 2014, 02:47 PM
entropy
Here comes an EO.....
January 28, 2014, 02:49 PM
IrishWind
So did Gabby's pimp of a hubby ever turn in that AR he bought last year?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!
January 28, 2014, 02:50 PM
XinTX
quote:
Originally posted by k5blazer:
Her commercial is probably part of a new plan to get talk of gun control going again. Betcha El Douche proposes some sort of gun control.

Nah. He won't "propose" anything. He'll just issue an edict from the throne. "So let it be written, so let it be done."

Her husband is the one that is parading her around. Just as bad as Sarah Brady did with her vegetative husband. He needs to be given a long vacation in a PMITA prison.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul
January 28, 2014, 02:52 PM
Solitar
I understand that she likely was carrying a gun in her purse that day. link at usacarry.com
quote:
By the way, congressional representative Gabrielle Giffords did have a gun; it was in her purse.

Of course when ambushed that way, no time to draw and defeat the attacker.

She has changed her tune since 2011.

Don't know what the following from " On The Issues" means by "signed"
quote:

National cross-state standard for concealed carry.
Giffords signed H.R.197&S.845

Establishes a national standard for the carrying of concealed firearms (other than a machinegun or destructive device) by non-residents. Authorizes a person who has a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in one state and who is not prohibited from carrying a firearm under federal law to carry a concealed firearm in another state:
• Notwithstanding any law of any State, a person who is not prohibited by Federal law from possessing a firearm and is carrying a valid license to carry a concealed firearm may carry in another State a concealed firearm.
•If such other State issues licenses to carry concealed firearms, the person may carry a concealed firearm in the State under the same restrictions which apply in that State.
•If such other State does not issue licenses to carry concealed firearms, the person may not carry a concealed firearm in a police station, in a courthouse, at a meeting of a governing body, in a school, at an athletic event, in an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages, or inside an airport, except to the extent expressly permitted by State law.

Source: National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act 09-HR197 on Jan 6, 2009

10th Amendment: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
January 28, 2014, 11:25 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
I challenge the American people to ignore Gabby Giffords...
Just throw her a cookie and a couple shiny things to play with and she should be good for a few hours.

I used to have a measure of compassion for this woman, but no more. She's a mindless moron being paraded around by a man (Kelly) who is totally devoid of any conscience or character whatsoever, and who has decided to drag his mentally defective wife around to try and bolster his 15 minutes of fame. Personally, I wish someone would beat him within an inch of his worthless life....

-----------------------------
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. - Thomas Sowell

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. - Milton Friedman
January 28, 2014, 11:31 PM
CRStout
Well, she's easily swayed these days... what with the cognitive abilities of a three-year-old and all...

She's (ack) the first person I'd look to for advice on this matter...

No offense intended, but Gabby needs to shut up.
January 28, 2014, 11:36 PM
Audiostar
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
I used to have a measure of compassion for this woman, but no more. She's a mindless moron being paraded around by a man (Kelly) who is totally devoid of any conscience or character whatsoever, and who has decided to drag his mentally defective wife around to try and bolster his 15 minutes of fame.

I understand and agree with the gripe with him, but jeez louise, the lady got shot in the damn face. She knows not what she does, at this point. Hard to harbor ill will toward someone so broken.
January 28, 2014, 11:39 PM
CRStout
quote:
Originally posted by Audiostar:
quote:
I used to have a measure of compassion for this woman, but no more. She's a mindless moron being paraded around by a man (Kelly) who is totally devoid of any conscience or character whatsoever, and who has decided to drag his mentally defective wife around to try and bolster his 15 minutes of fame.

I understand and agree with the gripe with him, but jeez louise, the lady got shot in the damn face. She knows not what she does, at this point. Hard to harbor ill will toward someone so broken.

Exactly.

She knows not what she does.

Why parade her around as some sort of spokesperson against gun ownership?

Sure, I feel bad for her being shot, but using her as a poster child for gun control is senseless.
January 28, 2014, 11:42 PM
Copefree
She was just in our state Capitol today doing her thang.
January 29, 2014, 01:30 AM
bigdeal
quote:
quote:

Please don't misunderstand my comments. I harbor no ill will toward Ms. Giffords, I simply am totally tired of having her shoved in my face and paraded around as some sort of hero. She got shot, and as a result has the mental capacity of a baked potato. She does not need to be on a national stage anywhere attempting to talk about anything, yet that attention whore, POS, world's worst excuse for a husband won't give it a break.

-----------------------------
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics. - Thomas Sowell

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. - Milton Friedman
January 29, 2014, 01:56 AM
Texas Bob C.
Offense intended, Gabby just shut up!
January 29, 2014, 04:28 AM
feedramp
At least her hair has grown back ...

January 29, 2014, 12:37 PM
Hound Dog
quote:
quote:

From what I understand, she is not responsible for her actions. Of course, the libtards will parade her around for 'her' stance on gun control. Never mind that she's a puppet.

I pity her and don't wish her any ill will; my contempt is held for her dirt-bag husband and those who use her for their own political purposes.

No arsenal is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.
Ronald Reagan
January 29, 2014, 12:57 PM
Psychobastard
When her husband is done with the anti gun circuit he's going to team her up with Jeff Dunham.

"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men."
- St. Augustine

January 30, 2014, 03:36 AM
tacfoley
This is just so very sad.

Does anybody parade their brain-damaged spouse around the landscape after he or she became the victim of an illegal driver, asking for automobiles to be banned?

Thought not.

tac
January 30, 2014, 04:30 AM
downtownv
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

Does anybody parade their brain-damaged spouse around the landscape after he or she became the victim of an illegal driver, asking for automobiles to be banned?

Is it consensual when he has sex with her?
That head is like an egg w/ scrambled yoke inside.

Thought not.

tac

You want your adversary's last visual image to be the white light—immediately followed by the big bang!
January 30, 2014, 04:45 AM
airsoft guy
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:

Thought not.

tac

Sort of sometimes. A couple years back we had some commercials advising folks that texting and driving was a bad idea. In them they had different people who were affected by distracted drivers, one was someone who lost her sister when the sister ran off a road while texting and another was a mother with her son who was now next to brain dead. I don't remember them lasting very long, or really having much effect. Those of us who know better already don't text and drive, and those who think they know better keep doing it because bad shit only happens to other people.

As for Giffords, she's a potato now, she doesn't quite know what's going on, other than the bald man with with mustache keeps feeding her things to say to cameras. You can see in her eyes there's something important missing and it's sad. Here was an intelligent person who had that stolen from her by some lunatic, and now her pimp of a husband is carting her around, trying to make a big name for himself, just being a jackass in general. I can't feel anger at Gabby Giffords any more than I could feel anger at a child, but that asshole husband of her's, fuck that guy until the Sun burns out and then fuck him for five minutes more.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.