SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while. Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
good advice..I plan to never come close to that cesspool. Or Chicago for that matter

Posts: 7796 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
It is actually a great city with lots to do... just avoid the war zone areas.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not One of
the Cool Kids
Picture of enidpd804
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
They vandalized the mayers house... so tear gas being deployed

An unchecked virus will always mutate and sophisticate itself. Tearing up their own neighborhoods is becoming less satisfying.

Posts: 3911 | Location: OK | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enidpd804:
quote:
They vandalized the mayers house... so tear gas being deployed

An unchecked virus will always mutate and sophisticate itself. Tearing up their own neighborhoods is becoming less satisfying.

You have to remember that the mayor is"one of them"......it is ironic that her pandering to the mob (her statement that she was appalled by the judge's verdict) didn't prevent the mob from going after her home.

Now it turns out that the Obama's Justice Department decided not pursue charges against the officer a year ago and waited until after the state court verdict to announce no charges.....they waited because they did not want their decision not to charge him affect the state court case......wouldn't the fact that he was still "under investigation" by the DOJ possibly affect a state case if this had been a jury trial?

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
After the shenanigans of the past few nights... I cannot express how impressed I am with the new .gov of MO Eric Greitens.

I was not an initial supporter, but became one after the primary. The man has shown excellent leadership, and supported a law and order agenda here. Pro 2A, retired Navy Seal, tough on crime and anti bullshit. He is the polar opposite of Jay Nixon who handled all of the previous riots so poorly, with regard only to his political career.

To those who don't know him... I would strongly consider him as a possible from the GOP candidate in 2024.....

He has BEYOND impressed me.

Very refreshing to have a governor who supports us, and allows, and even WANTS us to do our jobs.

The man already has my vote.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the shenanigans of the past few nights... I cannot express how impressed I am with the new .gov of MO Eric Greitens.

I was not an initial supporter, but became one after the primary. The man has shown excellent leadership, and supported a law and order agenda here. Pro 2A, retired Navy Seal, tough on crime and anti bullshit. He is the polar opposite of Jay Nixon who handled all of the previous riots so poorly, with regard only to his political career.

To those who don't know him... I would strongly consider him as a possible from the GOP candidate in 2024.....

I figured you would agree when I posted above. For those who don't know anything about him, a quick look at his profile on Wikileaks will give a good idea. We did the right thing in Missouri.

Posts: 2692 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amals:
quote:

I figured you would agree when I posted above. For those who don't know anything about him, a quick look at his profile on Wikileaks will give a good idea. We did the right thing in Missouri.

I ain't that gonna say it... but I will say it. We finally have a man in office with a spine.

Nixon cared about his political career... he tried so hard not to make anyone mad... that he made everyone mad.

Eric at least understands that there is a line that can't be crossed. You want to march... want to express an opinion... want to raise awareness... wonderful. That is your right.

But literally, the second crimes are committed... it isn't a protest, it is a riot. And it needs to be shut down.

Supposedly, the MO AG, Josh Hawley, another good constitutional conservative, is on board with pursuing state charges against people rioting. He could be another rising star, to the point everyone is urging him despite 1 year in office to go against Claire McCaskill. If he does, he will win easily.

Could be a good year for young MO conservatives who actually have their heads and hearts in the right place.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
But literally, the second crimes are committed... it isn't a protest, it is a riot. And it needs to be shut down.

These thugs who commit these crimes must be not just be contained, but stopped and prosecuted.
Nixon was horrible.

quote:
Could be a good year for young MO conservatives who actually have their heads and hearts in the right place.

Yes.
We have to keep in mind that we are winning, state wide. The City of St. Louis is a minority but would and will take over the County if we let it. It's a cancer that could spread. We must stop the merger. It will take 5 votes in the Senate to kill it and keep it off the ballot.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.9e69fe6f3b88

Chris Plant was talking about this on his show this morning. A photographer and the Assoiated Press said that St Louis Pd was chanting, "Whoose streets? our streets." after making arrests. Don't know Kevin if you can confirm this but if this is so, good on them. Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
St Louis Pd was chanting, "Whoose streets? our streets." after making arrests.

The police live here, work here, and pay taxes here. Often these protesters are shipped in from out of state.

So despite any twisting the police are correct. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sounds good. Really good.

Is there any hint that the out of state organizers and financiers will be investigated and prosecuted?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
St Louis Pd was chanting, "Whoose streets? our streets." after making arrests.

The police live here, work here, and pay taxes here. Often these protesters are shipped in from out of state.

So despite any twisting the police are correct. Wink

Yes. However that particular chant is a favorite of BLM types. So the police using it is really a bit of in-your-face turnabout.

Pretty funny. Smile

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
Put the useless waste of oxygen in jail indefinitely!

The mayor, or the city attorney?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

These thugs who commit these crimes must be not just be contained, but stopped and prosecuted.
Nixon was horrible.

I suspect Nixon was given a federal ultimatum to stand down. He may had essentially no other option. I'm basing this purely on intuition.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Nixon was horrible.

I suspect Nixon was given a federal ultimatum to stand down. He may had essentially no other option. I'm basing this purely on intuition.

Read former Police Chief Jackson's book on Ferguson. The decision to not deploy the National Guard in Ferguson was made weeks before the Grand Jury announcement. Nixon, Mccaskill, Holder, and Jarrett all had a hand in ensuring no National Guard in Ferguson that night. In fact, the DOJ told the Unified Command Staff to surrender the Ferguson Police Station to the protestors so the protestors could have a "symbolic victory".

Posts: 3927 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...e-looters-jail-cell/

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens:

“We had leaders who wanted to give people a safe space to loot and to burn,”

“Now in Missouri if you loot the only safe space you’re going to have is in a jail cell.”

“Violence and vandalism is not protest. It is a crime.”

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"the DOJ told the Unified Command Staff to surrender the Ferguson Police Station to the protestors so the protestors could have a "symbolic victory"".

vs:

Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens:

“We had leaders who wanted to give people a safe space to loot and to burn,”
“Now in Missouri if you loot the only safe space you’re going to have is in a jail cell.”
“Violence and vandalism is not protest. It is a crime.”

Obama, the thugs, and the snowflakes had their turn. Now the pendulum is swinging back in our direction. As Churchill said after Pearl Harbor:
“Being saturated and satiated with emotion and sensation, I went to bed and slept the sleep of the saved and thankful,”

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.9e69fe6f3b88

Chris Plant was talking about this on his show this morning. A photographer and the Assoiated Press said that St Louis Pd was chanting, "Whoose streets? our streets." after making arrests. Don't know Kevin if you can confirm this but if this is so, good on them. Big Grin

I can neither confirm or deny this Smile

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/articl...olence-idUSKCN1BU1CG

Activists in St. Louis plan to voice their concerns directly to the mayor on Tuesday over the acquittal of a white policeman who shot a black man to death, a verdict that sparked four night of violent protest.

Mayor Lyda Krewson will speak with residents at a town hall meeting at a local high school, hoping to defuse tensions in a city where demonstrators have clashed with police and destroyed property.

“Let’s show up and hold Mayor Lyda Krewson accountable,” Resist - STL, an activist group, said on Facebook.

Largely peaceful protests during the day have turned violent at night with some demonstrators carrying guns, bats and hammers, smashing windows, clashing with police and blocking traffic.

Police arrested 123 people on Sunday, when officers in riot gear used pepper spray on activists who defied orders to disperse following larger, peaceful protests. Several hundred people marched again on Monday night in a peaceful demonstration as on-and-off rain appeared to keep some at home.

St. Louis police are investigating whether some of its officers chanted “Whose streets? Our streets,” appropriating a refrain used by the protesters themselves in what one official said could inflame tensions.

Nicolle Barton, executive director of the St. Louis police civilian oversight board, said: “Certainly we do not want that to be taking place.”

we want it to be taking place, and we want it to be true

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Governor Greitens posted this on Saturday but I just saw it:

"Saturday night, some criminals decided to pick up rocks and break windows. They thought they’d get away with it. They were wrong. Our officers caught ‘em, cuffed ‘em, and threw ‘em in jail.

In the past, our leaders let people break windows, loot, start fires. They let them do it. Not this time. Tonight, the police arrested the vandals. At this moment, they’re all sitting in a jail cell. They’re gonna wake up and face felony charges.

These aren’t protestors, these are criminals.

Criminals, listen up: you break a window, you’re going to be behind bars. It’s that simple."

Here is link to original post and video showing an arrest:

Governor Greitens Facebook