SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

If you feel a sudden urge to take a long-overdue vacation, there's a bunk for you at Casa-de-SIG2340.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

Stay safe, buddy. Keep an eye on your six.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Kevin,

If you feel a sudden urge to take a long-overdue vacation, there's a bunk for you at Casa-de-SIG2340.

Appreciate the offer... but all days off and vacations have been cancelled.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Should be interesting to see how the judge rules but I haven't heard about or kept up with this case.
The dead guy sure did enough that the outcome isn't a surprise.
That said, and I'm not a cop, but there were a number or questionable looking acts by others too. Looking just at the video and reading the story a few things jump out at me.

1. The perp was selling drugs and had just backed into the police SUV and endangered Stockley (on foot) while fleeing. I get why he shot at the guy at that point. However based only on what I saw, the cops really endangered dozens of innocent citizens in the way they chased the guy at high speed through city streets with lots of traffic. They even had a minor crash into a tree themselves at one point.
2. The statement heard on the radio doesn't sound good for Stockley. I couldn't be a cop because like him, I'd be really pissed at that point and might do something really stupid. But stating that you're going to kill this guy as you are in pursuit and on the radio?
3. Stockley shoots the guy and based on their reaction he is toast. They seem unconcerned that he might be a threat or that any aid might be helpful. I'm not critisizing their casual actions, just mention that to say they seem to already know he's dead. The video doesn't show much from the angle so that's all we have to go on there. Then Stockley goes back to the police SUV and appears to get something out of the bag in the back seat on the police video. Then he goes up to the car and gets in the now vacant drivers seat and does who knows what. He unloads a gun that he claims to have found there but there is no DNA of the dead guy at all, just the Stockley's and it's underneath a screw on the hand-grip.
4. Right after the guy is shot and before Stockley does any of these things, there are number of other officers on the scene that were not involved in the chase or shooting. Why did Stockley continue to do all the things he did knowing the scene was secure and this was going to be a death investigation?
5. Others should have taken over and it seems to me he should have stepped back and let them. That seems odd on both their parts.

I have no problem that the guy ended up dead but I can also understand why some questions are being asked.
No matter what the verdict, I hope the citizens of the area and the police and responders that have to deal with whatever may arise are not harmed. The outsiders that are there to cause a shit storm, not so much.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
The officer had his own Draco AK pistol in hjs patrol vehicle... in total violation of policy.

He violated multiple policies during this incident.

Did he a actually bring out the AK or was it just in the vehicle??

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
The officer had his own Draco AK pistol in hjs patrol vehicle... in total violation of policy.

He violated multiple policies during this incident.

Did he a actually bring out the AK or was it just in the vehicle??

He got it out of the vehicle. He shoot the suspect with his pistol, but was holding the AK.

The following IS MY OWN OPINION AS A CITIZEN OF THE STATE, AND RESIDENT OF THE AREA, AND I HAVE ZERO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE OF TOMORROW'S DECISION.

The guy was a walking policy violation. He violated numerous during this incident.

Absolutely zero question in my mind, that he should have been terminated.

But what many people are missing, in much of what I read, is that people are attempting to equate policy violations, with criminal acts. Him bringing his own AK was not illegal. It was stupid, and against Dept policy, but not criminal. Same with the rest of them.

The state sought Murder 1st charges. They simply did not in my opinion prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt, not even close. There are a lot of things that "look bad" and some circumstantial evidence against him. If you ask me I think he was a screw up and shouldn't have a job. But nothing criminal was proven here, and were I on a jury, and this been a "private citizen" vs. "private citizen" case (I hate that term, but will use for the sake of clarity) I would be unable to vote for a conviction based upon the evidence, despite how much of an idiot I think he was.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Stay safe, Kevin.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Stay safe, Kevin.

Hopefully it will be nothing.

posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
He also didn't do himself any favors by having his personal AK47 with him. Even though it wasn't used it just opens you up to things that don't help your case.

I'm not sure how this has anything do with the situation.

I don't know anything about this case. Not sure how the perp ended up dead. But assuming that an acquittal is appropriate here, what are Antifa and BLM protesting against when time and again it's been shown that the rulings of late have been just; if anything, the charges have been suspect at times.

Part of me wishes that instead of LEO/NG responding to AF/BLM, we the people should respond to them. Show them that the people support these outcomes, not just 'the man' who they seem so against. "The Man" has actually shown much favor to them for the past decade.

Maybe it's time for The People to start pushing back, hard. We're tired and we aren't taking it anymore.

I know, arm chair talk from a distance. I wouldn't be one to initiate such a push back. But I would stand with others if it came to it locally.

No... just have politicians who allow us to do our jobs.

Marches, and peaceful protest where no laws are broken... I support it even if I disagree. The literal second it degrades to a riot... let us work... it is what we signed up for...

One day, at the end of my career, I am gonna write a book.... it will be "interesting"

posted Hide Post
The picture of the perpetrator holding the baby was enough for me to make a snap judgement and move on.

I'd love to see these agitators meet text book riot control by professionals.

This is just another step in the leftist agenda.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and oldest son are in St Louis right now and I'll be watching this very closely

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Stay safe Kevin, praying for the good guys.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope the officer gets what's right.

Stay safe Kevin and watch your 6!

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Not guilty.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Chellim's post above made me go looking.

https://twitter.com/FOX2now?re...news%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Fox2now tweet:

Former St. Louis officer Jason Stockley found not guilty in murder case

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Get ready

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wife and I were planning on driving up to St Louis 55 to 270 for West County, over to Brentwood area to pick up some items for a coming vacation and then head over and spend some time at the St Louis Renaissance Festival. This is making me reconsider if its prudent to go tomorrow - may have to forego this trip? Guess we will know shortly as I suspect things will get quite sporty soon

Stay Safe KevinCW and everyone else

ETA - the wife has just shut down our day trip to St Louis. I was feeling froggy too Big Grin Roll Eyes If it was just me would be different, but not with the wife.

Posts: 513 | Location: SEMO | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My buddy just texted:
"Due to the Stockley ruling I am postponing poker tonight so that everyone may arm and protect themselves"

In the end, I think Judge Wilson did the right thing. If there wasn't enough evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt, it was the only thing he could do:

Activists, with support from some of the city's black clergy, had pledged disruptive protests ahead of Wilson's verdict.

Wilson addressed such statements in his order: "A judge shall not be swayed by partisan interests, public clamor or fear of criticism."

He explained his rationale in a 30-page document filed at about 8:30 a.m. Friday.

"No one promised a rose garden, and this surely is not one," he wrote of the case.

"This court, as the trier of fact, is simply not firmly convinced of defendant's guilt. Agonizingly, this court has poured over the evidence again and again...This court, in conscience, cannot say that the state has proven every element of murder beyond a reasonable doubt or that the defendant did not act in self-defense."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...cb-0b478078c8cb.html

-rduckwor

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
No... just have politicians who allow us to do our jobs.

Marches, and peaceful protest where no laws are broken... I support it even if I disagree. The literal second it degrades to a riot... let us work... it is what we signed up for...

One day, at the end of my career, I am gonna write a book.... it will be "interesting"

Understand and agree. On the other hand, I think a show of force from the population in general, rather than some governmental body, will make a convincing point that a vast majority of the population don't agree with them.

If they realize without question that they are not just fighting authority but the vast base of citizens and neighbors, maybe they will be less emboldened. Show them how alone they really are.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
For those who are interested:

Read the verdict in the Jason Stockley murder case :
http://www.stltoday.com/read-t...1f-18b659a7e569.html

-rduckwor