SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My friends... I would once again avoid St Louis for a while. Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted
Hopefully not, but could be rough here for a while.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...01-3933653f9b3e.html

While I don't know him, the Judge here has a pretty good reputation as a fair judge who makes decisions based upon "the facts" alone. He seems to be well respected by both sides pretty evenly.

This was a bench trial, and is up the the judge alone.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...96-a38d2f7abbfa.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KevinCW,

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Another black yute shooted by an evil white cop?

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Connection through there on Monday. Do you think whatever nonsense coming down will effect air travel?

Posts: 11152 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
They have showed up at their airport before... dont leave the secured area to avoid crowds.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my many motorcycle travel days, I've always tried to avoid St Louis, particularly EAST St. Louis.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been waiting on the Stockley verdict but didn't want to post about it until something was actually decided.

For those that don't know. Stockley is an officer that, during the course of arresting a drug dealer after a high speed chase, fatally wounded the suspect. This occurred in 2011. The DA filed charge on their last day in office (in 2016 I believe) and there was a bench trial earlier this year. We've been waiting on the judges verdict foralmost a month now.

Antifa and BLM are in town calling for a guilty verdict "or else", a black preacher group has called for guilty verdict "or else", the "ethical police society" has called for a guilty verdict. There are barricades up as of last week at the city hall and there have been some small protests locally (in Kirkwood for one) that have shut down some roads.

The new governer doesn't sound like he intends to play. He's already begun mobilizing the NG and I have heard that some heavy equipment is already being staged down town.

Take care of yourself Kevin. I have a feeling this is going to be a not guilty verdict and a bunch of bad actors are going to try and pull a "Ferguson" They have been emboldened by that douche nozzle mayor Lyda Krewson and her blatant pandering.

According to the latest news, the verdict will be annouced tomorrow around 3:00. Just in time for a pleasant weekend of rioting.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...01-3933653f9b3e.html

St. Louis city and county police officers will go to 12-hour shifts Friday in anticipation of a verdict Friday in the first-degree murder case of former St. Louis patrolman Jason Stockley.

The city police department said Thursday the decision to do so came "after talking with city leaders" to "ensure the department is ready for any events that may unfold and to ensure a safe environment for our community."

There has been no official word on the timing of the announcement of a verdict, but multiple sources have told the Post-Dispatch it will come down Friday.

On Thursday, barricades went up around the Thomas F. Eagleton Federal Courthouse in downtown St. Louis, and Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens took preliminary steps to activate the Missouri National Guard.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
The new governer doesn't sound like he intends to play. He's already begun mobilizing the NG and I have heard that some heavy equipment is already being staged down town.

In other words, exactly what needs to happen. NG vs. Antifa/BLM - would pay to see it. C'mon Antifa, show us what you've got!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Stay safe, Kevin!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Isn't 'premeditated murder' a high bar to set for this type of shooting? And trial?

It seems they are prepping for a 'not guilty' verdict.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Stay safe out there...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Isn't 'premeditated murder' a high bar to set for this type of shooting? And trial?

It seems they are prepping for a 'not guilty' verdict.
I would think so also. The problem is he said he was going to kill him during the car chase on the police dash camera.

He also didn't do himself any favors by having his personal AK47 with him. Even though it wasn't used it just opens you up to things that don't help your case.

I'm thinking it will be not guilty, otherwise they wouldn't have waited so long to reveal the outcome and let tensions soar.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

Another black yute shooted by an evil white cop?

Jim

Nope, the St Louis Los Angeles Rams finally won a game. Wink

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Damn. Take care out there Kevin.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
He also didn't do himself any favors by having his personal AK47 with him. Even though it wasn't used it just opens you up to things that don't help your case.

I'm not sure how this has anything do with the situation.

I don't know anything about this case. Not sure how the perp ended up dead. But assuming that an acquittal is appropriate here, what are Antifa and BLM protesting against when time and again it's been shown that the rulings of late have been just; if anything, the charges have been suspect at times.

Part of me wishes that instead of LEO/NG responding to AF/BLM, we the people should respond to them. Show them that the people support these outcomes, not just 'the man' who they seem so against. "The Man" has actually shown much favor to them for the past decade.

Maybe it's time for The People to start pushing back, hard. We're tired and we aren't taking it anymore.

I know, arm chair talk from a distance. I wouldn't be one to initiate such a push back. But I would stand with others if it came to it locally.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Wait SLPD can carry AK47? Or was the dead idiot carrying the AK in the car???

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
Wait SLPD can carry AK47? Or was the dead idiot carrying the AK in the car???

Pretty sure the officer brought out his own AK. Though it was not the weapon used to kill the suspect.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
The officer had his own Draco AK pistol in hjs patrol vehicle... in total violation of policy.

He violated multiple policies during this incident.

Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for your safety Kevin.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post