SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need help with pricing/invoice for 2018 Subaru Outback
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help with pricing/invoice for 2018 Subaru Outback Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted
So my wife and I talked, crunched some numbers, and decided that going with a new 2018 Outback with 0% at 63 months is the way to go vs buying used and paying interest for 5-6yrs. I do have excellent credit(over 800). I found a nice Premium Trim model at a dealership near my for $29,190. Any help with the price/negotiations would be appreciated. Ive got about 6-7k to put down if that helps.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Ask them to show you the invoice. Offer them a couple hundred under. Watch the financing. They may try to get you financed through a third party without telling you.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Ask them for the Costco pricing list.
They typically price them $150-$300 under invoice for Costco.
Call Costco before you go and there may also be a credit towards accessories coming to you.
Also, the Limited models seem like they're loaded with upgrades over the Premium but that's your call.

Luck,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We bought an Outback via Costco and saved $4500 off a $28.5k sticker, back in 2013. Wife just saved about the same off a Mazda using the same program. If you’re a member, might check it out.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Also, the Limited models seem like they're loaded with upgrades over the Premium but that's your call.

Yeah. Limited is a big step up in features over Premium.

Leather seats
Larger (and better-looking) wheels
Much better sound system
Heated seats
Keyless entry/start
Power rear door
Blind spot detection
And various other upgrades

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One True IcePick
Picture of eyrich
posted Hide Post

Posts: 859 | Location: IL | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Checked out the limiteds but they are heavily marked up for features I dont need. In fact the only thing that really stood out to me about the limited model is that it has rear AC vents, which would be nice for hot socal days with my kids in the back. That being said, most cars dont have rear ac vents like my wifes minivan, so I can live without it.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that it’s not a Ford or Chevy where there are hundreds of vehicles on the lot. Around me it’s rare to even find a new Subaru a year old, they sell well so they aren’t as quick to discount. I’d try the Costco route but 29k for a new Outback doesn’t seem bad. I’ve been buying Subaru’s since the 80’s.

Posts: 4106 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't expect a huge amount of movement. Part of the reason Subarus hold their value is because most people pay close to retail.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Subaru doesn't resist to pricing gimmicks such as rebates so the sticker price is about where you'll need to start.

Subie had no trouble selling their cars so they don't have a lot of incentive to move a car just to make a sale to you. From what I found through research was that 13% off of MSRP was about as good you'll do.

My suggestion would be to head over to the Ducks a a r u OB forum and see if someone has an Ambassador coupon which takes $500 of your best negotiated price.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
At 29,190k would 26k be realistic?

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

See the last fifty or so posts http://www.subaruoutback.org/f...rice-thread-544.html

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

See the last fifty or so posts http://www.subaruoutback.org/f...rice-thread-544.html

Thanks, some great info there! Looks like another forum I need to sign up for.... bye guys,lol.

Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
We bought a premium recently and submitted an inquiry through Edmunds. Three dealerships submitted offers, we got 3900 off of sticker which was 1500 under invoice, plus we know a Subaru Ambassador that got us an additional $500 coupon...

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post