SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spending Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg TN
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spending Thanksgiving in Gatlinburg TN Login/Join 
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Pigeon Forge is like Myrtle Beach without the ocean. All tourist trap crap. Go to Cades Cove and watch the wildlife, that's the best thing going for the area. And Smokey Mountain Knife Works.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Cades is nice, but plan on a long time to get through it, It's a single lane road and if someone decides to stop, get out take a picture or just wants to control the line you can be there all day...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Smokey Mountain knife works is incredible. Its a must see. A knife store so big you couldnt see everything if you tried if you spent two days there.

Buds gun shop is there too.

Fill your gas tank up before entering the park. I've driven an entire day, 12 plus hours in that park driving the cades cove loop and other loops, and never saw a gas station once, plus there are no cell towers anywhere in the park, so if you run out of gas, you are going to have a VERY bad day. My gas gauge kept going down and down and down in that park and it was pretty concerning. The size of the park is massive, and you really underestimate its size. Bring food and sandwiches as well, there is NO food anywhere in the park.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Cades is nice, but plan on a long time to get through it, It's a single lane road and if someone decides to stop, get out take a picture or just wants to control the line you can be there all day...
We were behind a line of cars that had stopped and people were getting out and running forward . I asked somebody was going on and they said " bear ! " Are you freaking kidding me ? Have you people never seen a damn bear before ? The zoo's are full of them !

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many things/places are open during Thanksgiving? My wife and I rented a cabin for a few days starting on Christmas and there was nothing open except for one restaurant in Pigeon Forge and the line was insane. Fortunately there was a gas station with a mini-mart and we were able to get some fish sticks and macaroni and cheese for dinner. Definitely worth getting the cabin. Plan ahead for any poss. issues with getting supplies/food. It was a beautiful place to visit. Seeing the snow fall on our last day had me torn, as it was beautiful but we didn't have snow tires or chains. Wink

Posts: 6871 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
No Way Jose’s across from the Harley Davidson dealer is worth a sir down meal every time we come up to visit. Fresh hot Krispy Kreme donuts, SMKW, Buds Guns, Dolleywood etc are worth a visit.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am leaving on the 17th to treat my wife, daughter, my nieces family and my 2 year old Grandson to a week in Sieverville, looking forward to ooler weather (still in the 90s here in SW Fl.) and just plain peace and quiet

Posts: 713 | Location: SW. Florida, USA | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post