SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I had a 1981 Cutlass Supreme Brougham in Sandstone Beige with the wire spoke (lock on style) wheels. Vinyl 1/2 top, 4.3 L engine (i.e., not the bigger one), in pristine condition. Great ride, was the envy of many a guy back then b/c it was a nice enough ride to interest several girls (including one who'd eventually be duped into marrying me!).

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I'm lucky enough that both cars we have now perform at what would have been supercar levels in the 80s, but are mainstream now. Hell even our SUV outperforms a lot of "sporty" cars from a few years ago.

That said, we'd take back our '86 CRX that was our first new car in a heartbeat. LOVED that car, so much fun.

It's true. The modern cars outperform the performance cars from back in the day and are amazingly fast. Funny enough a new v6 mustang would beat most of the "muscle cars" from the 60's in the 1/4 mile.

I do really miss the 1993 Mustang Cobra I had. It was teal with grey leather. I put a ton of money in it and built the entire motor, vortech supercharger with 16lbs of boost, etc. It was a VERY fun car. It did 10.80's at 128mph in the 1/4.

But you can do that with a new 5.0 mustang with just a supercharger, exhaust and a chip and an automatic transmission.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My first car, hands down:

1967 Pontiac Firebird
Candy Apple Red
Black Vinyl top
400 big block, later replaced by me with 350 big block out of a junked 1970 Le Mans

I bought this car for $1,000 at age 15(!) in 1988 and it sat until the day I turned 16.

The motor needed a rebuild, burned oil like crazy and I ended up blowing it so I replaced it 2 years later with the 350 engine by myself and with help from our local car mechanic who let me use a bay and his tools.

Stupidly sold it to a friend in my senior year of HS and have regretted not keeping it ever since. Frown

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
62 GMC pickup truck.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My first car, a Mini Cooper S 1275cc

Tied with my 1968 El Camino SS 396

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aston Martin DB6. I found one at a tow yard for $2,500, which was a super deal. Now it is worth $200,000. It was in nice shape, ran well, had 60,000 miles on it. Same car as used in many James Bond movies.

A friend really wanted it, so I let him have it. He later sold it, without telling me! I would have bought it and kept it.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Don’t remember the year model, but I had a 280Z for a while in college. That thing was a hoot!

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
1994 Dodge 2500HD Cummins TD, 4wd, 5 speed. Great truck, wish I never sold it.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
1969 Shelby GT500 that I owned 1985 - 86. Sold for down payment on first house...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
2002 Chevy Crew Cab diesel 4X4. Ordered it from the factory, it took 12 weeks to build and get to me. I kept it for 10 years.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2003 Toyota Tacoma 4-door. Traded it for a Camry for my wife and kept my 4-Runner. Wish I had traded the 4-Runner and kept the truck.

Posts: 1359 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Punch myself everyday.... handed down from my dad when I was 18. 1970 Ford Torino with a 429 cobra jet...tore up the tranny and let the junk dealer come get it for like $300.... worth north of $50k now days...

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
1965 Pontiac GTO with Tri-Power.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
1965 Ford Mustang. 289 auto. Nothing fancy but fun to drive.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
My 1970 Chevelle

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I would love to get my '88 328GTS back

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teal Green 1966 Chevy Impala SS. 327 / 300. And it was.... PowerGlide!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
1976 Chevy Blazer K5 4X4. Bought it new for $6,250.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Out of the 46 four-wheel and 12 two-wheel vehicles I have owned since 1964 there is one that is above all the others:

My 1967 Firebird 400 convertible, 4-speed manual, hood tach, red w/black interior. I had it from June ’67 (new) until August 1971. Bought in Portland, OR and traded in Glendale, CA. Four great years in LA @ college, rarely putting up the top!

Many of the others were faster, better crafted (9 Germans), and much higher on the automotive “foodchain” than my red Pontiac… but it is the only one I REALLY regret letting go.

Posts: 3997 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'65 Chevy Corvette Coupe. Marlboro Maroon w/ black interior, 327/4-speed, power nothing and no air. Good Lord, that car was a blast to drive.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post