SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
I learned to drive on a '68 Mercury Cougar XR7, which would be pretty cool to have again, but that gas mileage would suck, and I really don't want to go back to a carburetor again.

Maybe my '82 Toyota Supra.

Posts: 5580 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I had a '68 GT500KR, but the one I'd rather have back to be a daily driver was a '68 Mustang Convertible. Auto, 289, but quick. Traded that for the Shelby.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's ironic, I'm a car guy and always have been, but the cars I owned all had major flaws that caused me to get rid of them and replace them with something different.

My Chevy Cruze is boring, reliable and comfortable, but I'd love to move on to something else. History repeats.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1991 Honda Civic Si

Not a real fast car but a real fun car.

I bought the car when it was 2 years old. My son liked it so much he found the same car in black.

This was a car for the saying: It's more fun to drive a slow car fast.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2jsqjkc24/

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but the cars I owned all had major flaws that caused me to get rid of them and replace them with something different.

My Chevy Cruze is boring, reliable and comfortable...

Hell man, your picker is broken!! Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
My 1990 BMW E30 M3.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Easy, 1972 Buick GS 455....I loved that car. I bought it off the 2nd owner with a trashed motor then scraped and saved to have the motor torn apart and rebuilt right (I went a little "lopey" on the cam). It was a blast to drive.

The idiot that bought it from me crashed into a tree within 2 weeks of buying it.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
Most of my cars in the past were cheap, small imports that ran well but were nothing special. The only one I kind of miss is the 1966 VW Squareback that I owned in the early 1980s. It was in great shape for its age.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
When I was in the Navy my first assignment was Pearl Harbor HI. A Radioman First Class moving off the island sold me his 1970 Boss 302 Mustang for $1,800.00.

I had to do another WestPac several years later and like a dufus, decided to sell the car.

It was on the cover on one of those classic mustang magazines about 10 years ago...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
2006 Subaru Impreza 5 speed. I had a 4 year lease on it. Loved the car to death and had a lot of fun with it. I should have bought it instead of turning it in.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1978 full sized Ford Bronco with a 400 cubic inch motor, four in the floor stick shift, quad shocks, 4x4. Had a bunch of good times with that truck.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
2005 BMW M3 w/ Competition Package

Car was very clean, very well maintained. I sold it to my brother in-law for about 10% below market value in 2010. He turned around a sold it a few months later.

If I had known he was going to sell it, I would have just bought it back from him.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Only "fun" car I ever had was a '69 Nova SS, 350/350 with usual cam/intake/carb/headers mods.

Wouldn't mind having one today, but the funny thing is, I suspect my bone-stock Tundra would blow the doors off it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
In a sense, I have it. I owned a new 1966 Mustang for 5 years and sold it while stationed in Iran in 1971. Years later, I bought a rebuilt 1966 Mustang from a man in Denison, Texas and I still have it. Drove it 11,750 miles over 85 days in 2005 on a loooong auto trip, but don't drive it much now.

However, I've owned other cars that I also enjoyed a lot. My first new car was a 1960 Falcon and it was a sweet little ride. Drove it for 6 years and sold it to my mom when I bought the Mustang. When I came back from Iran in 1971 (minus the Mustang) I was upset with how big the Mustangs had gotten so I bought a new Pinto as a protest. That was a doer of a car and I drove it 9 years, including 3 years in Germany (where I sold it to a GI). Back home bought a 1980 Capri and 6 years later a 1986 Mustang GT--that car was my daily driver (in parallel to the 1966 Mustang rebuild) and I drove it for 20 years! Sold it when I bought the 2006 Mustang GT that is my current daily driver. (I keep my cars a long time, don't see any reason to keep turning them over.)

I can't really pin down any one of those I "miss" more than the others--maybe the Falcon and the 1986 Mustang.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me,? My red '63 split window vette. She was red,black interior, 4 spd, 327, 340 hp solid lifters. Redlined @ 6,500 rpm. Sweet ride.

Bought her in '70,2nd owner for $1,800 vettes were very reasonable back then, sold her in '85 for $11,500. I thought such a deal. Oh she was sweet.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. What a car!

Posts: 153 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My first car, a 1966 Shelby GT-350.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to have my first 2 cars back, but only because of what they would be worth now. A 66 Mustang and a 73 Challenger.

We now have a 17 Challenger that far out performs my old one, and totally took away the urge to buy an old one.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
My 1965 Ford F-250.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
My Eleanor,’67 Mustag GTA strictly for sentimental reasons. It’s was thoroughly trashed by 1982. For logical reasons it’s a ‘94 T-Bird. Sold it too cheap and caused me to run up miles on a new truck.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post