SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
Discussing first cars with someone at work got me thinking. If you could have any car you have previously owned back again what car would it be?

For me it would be my first car. A 1985 Nissan 300ZX. I loved that thing. I have a thing for 80’s sports cars with T-tops. I didn’t have it for long. I very quickly upgraded to a 1990 Nissan 300ZX which by all accounts was a better car but I still pine for the 85.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
1974 Datsun 260Z. Miss that ride!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Tie between my 1969 Camaro RS/SS and my 1971 Roadrunner.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That I had? Tough, between my '85 Dodge Omni GLH Turbo or my '69 Dodge Super Bee.....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Either my first car, a 1963 Dodge Dart four-door with three on the tree and taxi package or my 1999 Dodge Durango which was very discretely modified in the engine, suspension, and stereo departments.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 1980s I had a cherry 1966 VW microbus that I sure wish I had back. Sold it cheap to a good friend who drove it to Grand Junction, Colorado and then sold it there. I was pretty sad when I found out he had gotten rid of it without giving me first refusal.

He bought a POS Dodge Tradesman van with the proceeds. But it had a V-8, man.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to have my 1996 white 300zx with tops back

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My '78 Datsun 280ZX. It was a fun car.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1993 Ford Mustang LX 5.0L hatchback' 5-sp manual - simple powertrain; decently fast / great torque just a fun car to drive

only mod was a basic Flowmaster after-market exhaust made the sound nicer but not overly loud or obnoxious

good times

-------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Strangely, mine is a 1984 Nissan 300zx (it had both the Nissan and Datsun nameplates on it).

Posts: 45369 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Lil Red 1978 Datsun pickup.
4 speed gutless wonder.

yes - I'd take it back in a heartbeat

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
...1963 Dodge Dart four-door with three on the tree

Talk about memories; that's the car I learned to drive in. But, I don't think I'd want it back.

My favorite was a 1976 Mercury Capri. We traded it for a larger car when my wife got pregnant. Something about her not being comfortable with a manual transmission. We both miss it.

USMC (Ret) 1970-1990
Recovering 1911 Addict
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 173 | Location: Manassas, VA | Registered: May 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ch23701
posted Hide Post
1964 Corvette Stingray
1972 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40

Posts: 257 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
1996 Ford Mustang GT Convertible.
Sold it to a Forum member 5 or so years ago.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My 1987 Honda Accord Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned, so far, bar none.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The first new car I ever had: a 1963 Porsche 356B.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
1965 Plymouth Sport Fury. White with a black top and interior. 383 V-8 and dual exhaust with glass packs.

Posts: 5615 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
2003 Chevrolet 2500 Crew Cab Diesel. You know back when we didn't have to have the whale blubber tank to filter our diesel exhaust through.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I'm lucky enough that both cars we have now perform at what would have been supercar levels in the 80s, but are mainstream now. Hell even our SUV outperforms a lot of "sporty" cars from a few years ago.

That said, we'd take back our '86 CRX that was our first new car in a heartbeat. LOVED that car, so much fun. Apparently we aren't alone - I have a perpetual search running on eBay and about once every 2 years a clean unmolested example will come up, usually for $6-8K. We paid $8600 in 1986....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My 73 240Z for sure!
Miss that thing. Frown

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post