SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I'm fortunate to have had some cool cars through the years.
Not always the best example of the cars, but neat cars nonetheless.
But, I usually only had just enough money, time, etc. to keep them
running--

Now that my kids are pretty much grown up (oldest of six is 29, and youngest is 16),
I have a bit more money to allow fixing up, but the initial purchase price is sometimes
ridiculous.

The two that I think I would most like to have again are the 68 Camaro I had in college,
which had a (non-correct) small block and 4 speed manual transmission, and the
1980 IH Scout that I purchased from the original owner. The owner of the Scout had
custom ordered it from International Harvester (well, he was the sales manager at Kile International
in Nashville, and had known that the small truck division was going to be shut down).
The Scout had pretty much every option available for the 1980 model, which was the last model
year for Scouts. It had a 345 V-8, A/C, console, etc.

I should look through our old stuff for pictures.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I’d like to have my first Corvette back. 1973 with a 454. It wasn’t the fastest, but I sure did love that coke bottle look. Headman headers and blown out glass pacs. She sounded sweet!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
My '02 WRX.

Slower in every way than my Camaro. Except in bad weather. Damn that car was good. The new subies got nuthin.

Posts: 5101 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
...but the cars I owned all had major flaws that caused me to get rid of them and replace them with something different.

My Chevy Cruze is boring, reliable and comfortable...

Hell man, your picker is broken!! Eek

No shit! Most of the cars were English, Italian or German (two brands from each country, in fact) and shared the faults common to those countries. Each was fun when I got it, but the faults wore thin and I was glad to see them go.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
...but the cars I owned all had major flaws that caused me to get rid of them and replace them with something different.

My Chevy Cruze is boring, reliable and comfortable...

Hell man, your picker is broken!! Eek

No shit! Most of the cars were English, Italian or German (two brands from each country, in fact) and shared the faults common to those countries. Each was fun when I got it, but the faults wore thin and I was glad to see them go.

Oh, so in the market for an Alfa then?

For me, my old 87 Mercury Cougar. Highway cruiser. I wonder if anyone is stuffing ecoboost crates in those platforms?

--

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
Oh, so in the market for an Alfa then?

Nope! GTV-6 was by far the worst car I ever owned. Never again!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
2004 Red/Red LS1 Pontiac GTO. Sold because the trunk was too small.....I'm such a dumbass. Man I loved that car.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Lots of cars posted that I would have really enjoyed: V-tail’s Porsche 356 comes to mind, the ‘65 GTO, the C2 Corvettes, and a few more..

My second ‘65 Chevelle SS. Dark blue, 327, fuelie heads, 4-speed. It would wrap 6500 Rs all day long. It passed 383 Road Runners like they were up on blocks.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
1975 Porsche 914 my ex BiL and I restored from the frame up for my ex. It was her grail car, and I enjoyed it as well.

78 Datsun 280ZX This one was given to me by a coworker who lived in a neighborhood that implemented permit parking. He had to get rid of it,and for the cost of a magento, my dad and I got it running. This one was a blast to drive.

93 Thunderbird LX. My first brand new car, and still my favorite.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
My 1986 Toyota MR2, man was that car fun!

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
posted Hide Post
It would be a toss up between my 1963 Vette Split window or my 67 Shelby Cobra 427

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
'73 Olds Delta 88 hardtop coupe. 455 Rocket. Insane acceleration for a car of its size.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
My 1971 Mercury Cougar XR7 with the 351C engine. I knew that car inside and out.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 73 Bronco, drove it through High School and my first 2 years at UF

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I don't even have a picture of it, how disrespectful! My 1970 Mustang fastback, wish I still had that car. Ignoring all of the little quirks about it, I loved that car.

Posts: 1621 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My '73 Triumph TR6

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
My favorite was a '74 Mercury Capri with 2.3L 4 cyl and 4-spd. They ruined them with the V-6 'cuz it screwed up the weight distribution. My brother had a '76 and the rear end would break loose if you looked at it sideways. God help you in snow.

The Accord below was my second favorite. An LXi, same color only an '86. First 8 years I had it it was garaged. I moved and it lived outside parked over dirt and snow for 2 years and the rust took over. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My 1987 Honda Accord Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned, so far, bar none.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
My 65 Mustang convertible

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
My 1962 corvette, I bought in 1968 and drove it for a couple of years. I had some other very nice vehicles but this has the best memories.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I've never had any cool/fancy cars, with the sole exception being a 1984 Camaro Berlinetta. It was a fast fun car, but with the then new electronic dash, it had it's issues.

I have bought mainly PU's, and family cars since then, and I just think they keep building them better and better. I don't want any of my old cars back, good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Razz

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post