SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I wish I had my 72 Buick GS with a stage two- 455. It had A/c. I redid the whole care frame off. I had to sell it in a divorce.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BDA220
posted Hide Post
The 1969 GTO that I completely restored and sold WAAAAYY too cheap before they became valuable.

"Strange days have found us, strange days have tracked us down." JM

Posts: 807 | Location: Pacific NW | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
1966 Mustang couple. Red. Black interior. Stolen. Pushed off a hill after being set on fire. Got my graduation watch, my grandfather's hat, and my first car. Bad day for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
1967 Dodge Dart. 2-door. Slant six. Excellent condition. Had it from '92 till '94. Never should've sold it. I named her Mona Lisa Overdrive from the Gibson novel. A true cruising vessel with all her windows down, 80's cassette tapes blaring out of a cheap boom box on the seat next to me. Good times.

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post

This one. My first new car, a 1970 BMW 2002 in Colorado orange. Sold it for a used Saab wagon when started med school (2 kids, BMW seemed too small). My wife looked terrific driving it; and I enjoyed driving on the George Washington Parkway in the spring when the honeysuckle was blooming...smelled divine. Have spent about the past 5 years on Hemmings.com trying to replace it.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I had a four door version of the Heart Doc's car. Mine was kind of a silver gray. I don't remember what year it was, but it was definitely a few years older than the pictured 1970 model, as I bought it used when I was working in Puerto Rico in the late 1960s.

It was a 2002 Tii, a very fast car that looked like an ordinary family sedan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 55 Desoto I bought in 1960. Black and white exterior and B&W interior, and ride like on a cloud.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 1965 Shelby Mustang, SFM 5S-408.

Anyone seen it?

"Dead Midgets Handled With No Questions Asked"

Posts: 687 | Registered: March 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1965 Cadillac CdV convertible. Black on black. 472ci.
Replaced the front brakes, steering and suspension so it didn't ride like a land yacht. I worked at an auto shop when I was a teen. I learned a lot in that place!

Sure, I'd love to have that car back! I'd also love to have all the $ that I put in the gastank back too! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8336 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had a four door version of the Heart Doc's car. Mine was kind of a silver gray. I don't remember what year it was, but it was definitely a few years older than the pictured 1970 model, as I bought it used when I was working in Puerto Rico in the late 1960s.

It was a 2002 Tii, a very fast car that looked like an ordinary family sedan.

V-Tail, if it was a four-door and older than 1970, would likely have been a 2000 model; that was the first of the "New Class" sedans. If it was a 2002 Tii, then it was newer and a two-door. The Tii was the "Touring Injection International", used a Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection system, and (apart from the rare 2002 Turbo) was the fastest of the 2002 models.
In any case these were the cars that started BMW on the road to riches, having barely survived the financial drain of previous models such as the glorious 507, one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

Oh and by the way I did finally locate a 2002, right year, right color, good condition but for some reason the jerk who was selling it did not call me back as he said he would, I was ready to buy. Canyon State Classics in Arizona.

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Never seen a 4 door 2002 tii !!

Love the mid 70's 2002's though. I have seen maybe one on the road around here in the last 10 years. I have fond memories of my best friend's dad's '76 2002. Once his dad would pass out (literally, sadly) around 10pm in his chair, we'd push his 2002 out of the driveway onto the road, and start it up and take off. We were 13 or 14. We'd drive around the neighborhood and down the road towards the "highway" but never get on the highway. One of the first times I drove a manual transmission. I can still smell the interior of that car. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I found a nice rust-free one nearby!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackAgnes:
My 1965 Shelby Mustang, SFM 5S-408.

Anyone seen it?

My 66 was 6S-269 Shelby American-Venice CA,.
I miss looking at that badge on the drivers rocker panel.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
My 1998 Acura Integra Type R in Championship White. For the record I did not sell that car it was stolen and stripped. Loved that car.

Best FWD car EVER.

My condolances. I had the same happen to my 99 civic SI. Honda was on fire in the 90s...

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
It would be my ‘67 Camaro RS/SS

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a toss up for me. the 2002tii or the fiat 131 abarth. both from my youth and both gone since I ran out of money to keep them running as they aged. But that beautiful picture above sealed the deal. I miss the 2002 the most. I used to drive it across route 2 in western mass to see my then girlfriend and there was this terrific set of curves in the Berkshires and it was just a joy.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
1973 Porsche 914 2.0

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I had a really nice Porsche 924 I wish I had back. It was just a nice rider.

Posts: 6009 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I'd love to have my first new car back - 1996 Sequoia Green Jetta GLX VR6. It was definitely a little pocket rocket - in the veins of the older GTIs. Briefly had two family cars before that one, but had him from age 17-23 in Med school, and he died saving my life when I swerved and over corrected on the highway from a deer in the road. It was quick, nimble, and fun to drive with the manual tranny, and little did I know how SAFE it was, until unfortunately testing it out. After impacting a median divider while skidding out at 75+mph "like Dale Earnhardt did" according to my uncle who unknowingly witnessed the whole thing from behind me, the car was 18" shorter, crumpled up like an accordion in front, but I was able to open up the door and walked away with barely a scratch on my nose from my glasses getting knocked off by the airbags. It was a great car, with many great memories from high school, college and med school, and saved me from potential serious injury in the end. A friend I'd love to have back.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
My 05 S2000.

This is high praise as I currently own a Porsche 911 and have owned another previously.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
66 Chevy SS 396 with 4 on the floor or maybe 63 Ford Fastback.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post