SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you could have any car you have previously owned back again...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you could have any car you have previously owned back again... Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My first car, a 1985 Camaro Berlinetta with T-Tops. Something about that wonky digital dash made me love it.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
My first car, a 1985 Camaro Berlinetta with T-Tops. Something about that wonky digital dash made me love it.

I had one of those at one point. That tape deck mounted on the swivel Post was crazy. The little tab on the side of the dash for blinkers was pretty out there too. The dash reminded me of Knight Rider.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Porsche 997.1 GT3 in white - epic car and the sounds were incredible. I'm sure I'll have another one. Sold this to raise cash for a new lake home.

MDS

Posts: 375 | Registered: November 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
1949 Mercury coupe. Carefully rebuilt a Ford flathead that ran so sweet. One particularly great memory was picking my wife up at a hotel when she rode the bus from college to visit me for the weekend.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1973 Porsche 914 2.0.

Posts: 794 | Location: York Pa. | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wbw:
1973 Porsche 914 2.0.

I still remember the "914/4 Is A Volkswagen" bumper stickers. Wink

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
1991 Honda Civic Si

Not a real fast car but a real fun car.

I bought the car when it was 2 years old. My son liked it so much he found the same car in black.

This was a car for the saying: It's more fun to drive a slow car fast.

https://postimg.org/gallery/2jsqjkc24/

Owned to 2 CRXs, super fun cars and got 40mpg

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
My '92 Carolina Blue Corvette t-top! Smile

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My parents' 1968 Dodge Dart:
- 4 door bench seats
- 225 slant-6...Easiest engine to work on and gads of room under the hood
- live forever on a tank of gas

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
My first car, '86 Pontiac Firebird. Had a V-6, 5-speed, and t-tops.

Second place would be my '02 Honda S2000.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
86 Chevy Tahoe

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My 65. I stroked a 428 CJ block to 465 and put a built C6 behind it. I sold it in a fit of stoopidity 8 years ago. I would never ever be able to find one as solid.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
My first car, a 1972 Audi 100 LS. It was in excellent condition when I sold it for $600 in 1991 or so.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2263 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Half of you guys would be rich if you held on to your first cars!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's threads like this that remind me not to sell our family's 1959 Impala convertible. Smile

I've had two 89 Preludes that I wouldn't mind having back, including the one with 4WS.

P229

Posts: 3808 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Half of you guys would be rich if you held on to your first cars!

Yeah, there are some pretty amazing cars some forum owners used to own.....classic Shelby mustangs, etc. etc.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
My 1998 Acura Integra Type R in Championship White. For the record I did not sell that car it was stolen and stripped. Loved that car.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
My 1986 Jeep Comanche long bed. 4.0L in-line 6 cyl with a 5 speed manual tranny.

It was fun to drive no matter where you drove it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3840 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
'72 Dino 246 Spyder GTS. Sold it in a rage of Morelli electrics. I think I sold it for $25K, probably worth 10x that today.

Posts: 1472 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aileron:
...Sold it in a rage of Morelli electrics...

That's too bad! The 246 was a much nicer-looking car than the 308, in my book, but like all Italian cars (mine included) their problems drove you crazy.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post