New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Part Help Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Agree with all the other replies but even Autozone or Advanced Auto should be cheaper than that.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket:
The correct part is available from Nissan for $124.87 here:

https://parts.nissanusa.com/ni...iteid=14&catalogID=0
Buy here, break out the tools, and have a father son Saturday, while saving a few hundred bucks. Who knows, your son might learn something valuable from the process. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMPinNYC
posted Hide Post
I bought an entire door from a wrecking yard for $400 for my 2012 Subaru Impreza. Hung it myself. Pretty easy swap.

Best regards,
Nick.

NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor

Posts: 710 | Location: Back in northern NJ/NY State Catskills | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Pull one from a junk yard or check ebay from China made ones. The OEM ones for my VR-4 are $300 but I got a China one for $45.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I hope that your shop is correct regarding their diagnosis that it is the motor and regulator.

I had a shop in years past where we did a lot of Volvos, Land Rovers, BMWs, etc. 95% of the windows not going down usually was the switch.

Those poor window switches get rain on them when the window/door is open, get coffee/drinks spilled on them.

Most of the time we didn't even have to replace the switch- we would take them apart, clean them (sometimes carbon buildup/crud on surfaces) and put them back together. Inside of most there basically is a cantilevered piece of metal that swings to touch each side, spring(s) and sometimes a metal "BB".
(Keep in mind if you take one of these switches apart that it is under compression and if you don't ease it apart/study it pieces can fly in all directions...)

Very easy to check if it's a switch- if you have no multimeter just switch plugs with another switch in driver's door or from other armrest.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Try Ebay

Posts: 1549 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Chinese window regulators are crap for most vehicles. I'd go with new OEM personally.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Since everyone else has the part covered, I'll just chime in and say $50 for labor is a hell of a good price. Just make sure he will install customer-supplied parts.

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
If the cable-style regulator shown is the correct one, these go bad all the time, mostly on the driver's because that is the one used most, and they will typically have the motor already on them. Now the question is do you need it in the first place. If the motor is running, sometimes accompanied by buzzing or clicking, and the window doesn't move, or tries to move a little bit, that pretty well nails it, the regulator has gone bad. If it does nothing, the motor can still be bad, but it also may not be getting power or ground.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post