New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car Part Help Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Back to the font of knowledge

The boy's car is a 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. We got it for all three kiddos last Christmas, but he is the only one using it due to distance and age.

The driver window is not opening, and the shop says it needs a new Window Lift Motor and Window Regulator.

Also, the shop says these are only available from Nissan at $461 and $221 respectively.

This is a holy carp moment for me. Is it worth $700 to open the window, or are these parts available in another arena?

Thanks folks.

btw. Install labor is about $50, which I am OK with.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Try Rock auto for new, or look for a salvage yard and buy one from a wrecked vehicle

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Salvage yard

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I would look around myself. I've replaced window tracks, regulators ect with aftermarket stuff that has worked fine in the past.

I looked quickly at rockauto and didn't see the parts you listed. Find out exactly what you need and try and find it cheaper.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look on ebay. I've gotten a couple there that have worked just fine. Usually 90-100 bucks and not hard to do. Probably a youtube video out there that covers it!

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I would also suggest Rock Auto, maybe try LKQ, too.

Posts: 12178 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No, it isn't worth $700 to open and close a window, if the a/c and defroster work.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, it isn't worth $700 to open and close a window, if the a/c and defroster work.

I agree. You sound like my father. Its the kids car, just open the door when you go to the drive through. I drove a car like that for years. Door handle did not work either. Of course my wife would disagree if it were her car.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 767 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Believe it or not Amazon has lots of car parts at sometimes great prices.
The last window regulator I needed came from there and was less than 100 bucks. Worth a look.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
TYC makes good parts. Thats an easy one to replace. Search the youtubes and im sure youll find a good how to. If not you are welcome to email me if you if you need help and decide to do it yourself.

Btw your mechanic is a liar. If amazon has the TYC part then so does all the big chain parts supply houses.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
https://www.amazon.com/TYC-660...ulator/dp/B0030CJZZ6

Amazon 61.64 free shipping w prime

As far as I can tell that's for an older Nissan. OP has a 2013 Pathfinder.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
After looking at that one linked to amazon, it will not fit your vehicle. However there is a webstore that carries it. http://www.oemautopartsandacce...id/46235f5f90dd732f/

Here is the factory part #807313KG0B

This is what it looks like,

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
Chances are you don't need both and they are just guessing and throwing both parts at it. Does it make noise at all when the button is pushed?

You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Car-part.com will allow you to search salvage yards all over the country to find what you want in the condition that you want at the price you want to pay. They'll ship it direct to you. I just used this site to find rear view mirrors for my truck. 450 new and I paid 120 lightly used no tax.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mad mike
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with 1Aauto.com

Posts: 207 | Location: D/FW, Texas | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has your warranty expired ?

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
You can download the Power Windows Control System Manual for the 2013 Pathfinder here:

https://carmanuals2.com/get/ni...em-section-pwc-49675

If you're handy with a multimeter, you might be able to verify whether it's a bad motor, or power wire, or just a bad ground.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
https://www.amazon.com/TYC-660...ulator/dp/B0030CJZZ6

Amazon 61.64 free shipping w prime

According to the fitment tool on Amazon, this does not fit the 2013 Pathfinder.

The correct part is available from Nissan for $124.87 here:

https://parts.nissanusa.com/ni...iteid=14&catalogID=0

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
The oem website looks like it has what I need. Part numbers match nissan's website. I will order the items there.

Y'all are the best and thanks for all the helpful info. I may even try to install myself.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post