SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kudos to Tractor Supply
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to Tractor Supply Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Gathering materials for a project, needed a couple hunred dollars worth of stuff from Tractor Supply - hydraulic cylinder and various accoutrements.

They're giving veterans 15% off all in store sales tomorrow for Veteran's Day. I asked the manager if that could possibly apply today, or if I needed to wait until tomorrow.

She said "You're here now, I'll make it happen now."

Got outta there for just over $150. Sweet.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I love that store.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
"Real" farmers tend to poo-pooh TSC and I understand that. Their needs are considerably more varied than TSC stocks.

The rest of us wannabe country boys appreciate what they DO stock tho. Yeah, there's a definite "horsey people" bias, lots of clothing and footwear at not all that great prices, but there's also a pretty decent assortment of agriculturally related hardware, tools and parts, a fair bit of welding stuff and they're the only game in town for anything at all hydraulic.

I priced the stuff through Surplus Center which is my usual go-to for mechanical and hydraulic bits, and their prices were a shade better, but due to the size and weight of the cylinder shipping was a killer. That and I can pick it up at TSC and lug it home vice waiting a week or 10 days for Surplus Center to ship it.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
I was in Tractor Supply today to get a t-shirt. As I stepped aside for a young lady who was restocking the shelves, she said "You're fine." I was going to say "You, too." but didn't. Creepy old man syndrome.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Yep,love that store in Griffin Ga,get my 20 #'s filled there for my green houses,always a dollar cheaper than one block from my home at U -haul.
Buy several things there and its only 16 miles down the road.
Good folks and appreciate my business.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
They have poor inventory control and I don't know how some farmers make it. I have seen some stores go for months before an item is restocked.

Their best prices are on bolts/nuts by the pound.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
They have poor inventory control and I don't know how some farmers make it. I have seen some stores go for months before an item is restocked.

Their best prices are on bolts/nuts by the pound.

As I said, real farmers don't shop there. Rural King or the local generic equivalent in farm country will be MUCH better stocked and managed.

Around here, there just isn't that much demand for real farm-related stuff. Mostly hobby farms and horsey people.

We have an outfit called Marden's Surplus and Salvage. They beat the pants off TSC on hardware by the pound. When I get to that stage of my project, I'll be walking out of there with a 5 gallon bucket full of crap...

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I travel 30 miles to Tractor Supply to buy my feed. I found out last week they are building a store 3 miles from my house. That will be nice.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rtquig:
I travel 30 miles to Tractor Supply to buy my feed. I found out last week they are building a store 3 miles from my house. That will be nice.

I'd be in deep doodoo if there was one 3 miles from Someday Farm. I'd probably have my own reserved parking spot!

I started buying my feed there a while back. I used to shop at a Feed & Seed place when I had more critters as they stocked the feed I preferred for my sheep. Great place, been run by the same family since the 1920's.

A by-product of that, however, is that they had a 1920's approach to finances too: Cash or Checks only. No plastic. Not a huge issue, but inconvenient if I happened to be in town, thought about getting some feed but didn't have my checkbook with me. I almost never carry more than $20 in cash.

Since TSC does plastic and my chickens are fine with their house brand, I just started getting my feed there. Easier.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Love 'em. But like every store you have to know what to buy where.

My store will refill a propane tank while you wait for cheaper than an exchange,
and they have the best prices around here for bird seed and sell tons of it.

For example, right now Black Sunflower Seed is Regular $18.99 for 40 lb.
But now till 11/21 (with coupons) it's -10% off your entire purchase plus -5% extra on bird seed houses and etc. comes to ~16.25. Plus tax.
Time to load up my supply for the winter!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Local TSC had a $130 locking metal gun cabinet priced wrong, it was supposed to be on sale for $115... It was mismarked $89.
I pointed it out to the Manager, he didn't even blink and said take it at that price if you want it. I did, and they still honored my 10% off your entire purchase coupon on top of that.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
My wife decided a few months ago to apply for a part time job there. She absolutely loves it. She has worked a lot of retail in her lifetime and says that TS is hands down the most enjoyable retail job she's ever had. She loves all the pets that come in..dogs, cats, chickens. She had a horse come in to visit tonight. Smile

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post