SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    That Rainbow Bridge...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

That Rainbow Bridge... Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Is a bitch.

Had to help my cat across tonight. Held him in my lap during the process and he seemed ready to go. Takes a lot to bring me to tears, but the unconditional love of a pet is one of those things.

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear. Frown
I hope he had a good, long life full of love and happiness. Sounds like he went in the best way possible.
Losing a pet is never easy, they make life so much more fun.
Got a picture of him?

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry about your cat. I've never been a cat lover but one showed up at our house a years or so ago. She was wonderful almost acted like a dog and she loved me.

She went missing and think a coyote got her. I still think I hear her calling me she used a different voice for me than for Debbie.

I'm still pissed and hurt at the same time

I'm very sorry about your little friend.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am so very sorry to hear. Bonds with our feline family can be incredibly strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
When ready I would love to hear a little bit of your life together. I get the feeling you had a great life together.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It is hard...my condolences to your friend's passing...you were there wth him comforting him to the end...take solace in that. You were being a good dad.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Yep. Frown Done it too many times myself.
But it's what we have to do out of love for the pet.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Brought my last dog a slice of pizza before her crossing. We would always share pizza together. It was the only people food she was allowed to share while the humans were eating.

When it was her time I stopped and got her a slice all her own.....and I would be lying if I said I was a hard ass who is just relating a story with no tears in his eyes. I still can’t eat pizza without wanting to share the crust.

Pets are family, my thoughts are with you.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your pal.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
Deepest condolences on your loss.
Many of us have gone thru it with our beloved pets also.
It's never easy.

Posts: 186 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Sorry my friend... my thoughts are with you.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss. They give us such joy.

Posts: 2353 | Location: Vancouver WA | Registered: September 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. Your cat runs through the halls of Valhalla now.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for your loss.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. We’re getting close to that point with our 10 YO Wheaton Terrier. She has an insulinoma that is causing her all kinds of problems which the doc said will only get worse. It’s a very sad thing indeed.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
I sent my dog across last month. Yes, a very hard thing to do but as others here told me it was the right thing. I’m sorry for your loss.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss, man.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Frown

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a member of that club with two horses and two dogs. It's a very difficult thing but a very kind thing. Remember the good times.

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
He'll be with you forever.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post