SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Top Fuel Dragster--First Time Reaction: ETA, Horsepower Calculation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Fuel Dragster--First Time Reaction: ETA, Horsepower Calculation Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Thanks for explaining the new sensors, explains a lot.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12411 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Along with the sound of the cars I remember the smell of the exhaust and rubber burning. If you sit close you may get hit by little pieces of rubber. Great live event.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember seeing these for the 1st time , w/ a buddy in L.A..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgm36nSN-f8

we had never heard of them before,
we were going to see the big foot monster trucks.

we saw them staged, we saw the mud pits, we thought , "well this is going to take a while"

Not! surprised and shocked , to say the least

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54622 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
I took both boys, 5 and 3, to the qualifying night at Norwalk last summer. The Baders brought in Bob Motz Jet truck and a fireworks display to closeout the night. The top fuel was a little overwhelming at first. But they are looking forward to "the loudest racecars" this year.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two items on my (unobtainable) bucket list:
1- F-14 cat shot.
2- Funny car launch.
Similar sensations I would guess.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16083 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I think the Funny Car launch would be worse. Smile

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post