SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Color Purple
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Color Purple Login/Join 
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted
Does anyone know why (the most common brand of) snap caps are purple in color?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Because they are gay?

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Because they are gay?

No. But they are gay friendly.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Oprah Winfrey approves!

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Why purple specifically, or why some other color other than ammo colored? Obviously they're colored different from ammo so you can tell it's not ammo. Why purple specifically? I dunno. Possibly that's just the color of the material, coating it in something would eventually just wear off from repeated use, right?

Also, that's more of a raspberry color.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I think it's more of a plum...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Making Oprah money

I thought they were reddish brown

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Chartreuse.

Wait... I don't even know what that is.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Because they are gay?

No. But they are gay friendly.

Those are the lavender ones.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
As long as it's not mauve.

It's anodized, they can make it any color they want. I realize it's a different color than live ammunition, but any reason for purple? Just that there's no purple ammo?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I'd say eggplant.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12425 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Uhm, Dudes, I always think of Friday as a good day to review Man Card rules and guidelines. Like, there's only one color (purple) between red and blue. See how it works?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Cause purple is a color of royalty.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
What does that have to do with guns?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Mine are Red and Brass.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
That color combo makes more sense. Still wondering about purple.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
It's verging on fuschia.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Does anyone know why (the most common brand of) snap caps are purple in color?

Those (in the pic) look to be a shade of red to me.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4133 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Aubergine

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post