SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody use 35mm film anymore?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use 35mm film anymore? Login/Join 
posted
Free to go home, send me you address and I will send these to you at no charge.

Posts: 272 | Location: North Florida | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I can use it. Email sent. And thanks!

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ok 2 gentlemen requested it so I will split it between the 2.
Mark and Jim will each get some.

Thanks

You guys good with that?

Jeff

Posts: 272 | Location: North Florida | Registered: August 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If Jim replied first he can have it all. I don't want you to have to spend twice as much mailing it. Thanks, though.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received both emails @ 7:07,eastern, while I was still trying to post a picture in the original message.

I will gladly send both of you the film.

Only question I have is who gets 6 rolls and who gets 5, as I have 11 rolls.

That is up to you and Jim.

I would rather send it to someone that will use it rather than throw it away , as the wife suggested.

Jeff

Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm not jumping in here for the film, but you made me think about digging my Minolta SRT-101 out once I retire this month. I always liked black and white photography and maybe it's time again to re-explore it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Email sent. Thanks.

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
My son just finished a high-school photography class. He used my old Cannon AE1 to take b&w photos and develop them in the school's darkroom. I was surprised they haven't gone all digital yet. It probably won't be long. But I'm glad he had the chance to try it.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Along this same line anyone interested in a 35 mm camera?

It's an Olympus Stylus Epic ZOOM 80. I know very little about it other than its 35mm and I have no use for it. Still works fine.

Email me if you'd like it.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I'm not jumping in here for the film, but you made me think about digging my Minolta SRT-101 out once I retire this month. I always liked black and white photography and maybe it's time again to re-explore it.

Nice - that was the first SLR I owned. From there it was a Olympus OM2(?) and now a Canon T-90 with a 1.2 50mm and a 135mm lens.

Like you, been thinking about getting back into 35mm an maybe some home developing and printing (Craigslist has lots of enlargers for sale, color and B&W).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I had the same thought with my Nikon FE...but it's not feasible for me to set up a darkroom.

I've gone to the dark (digital) side.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Gotta be a commercial lab in the area that processes black and white film yet. Processing my own it way too much like work.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
My son just finished a high-school photography class. He used my old Cannon AE1 to take b&w photos and develop them in the school's darkroom. I was surprised they haven't gone all digital yet. It probably won't be long. But I'm glad he had the chance to try it.

Interesting. My 3rd daughter took a photography class last year (2015-2016) during her senior year of high school. She used my Minolta SRT-201 that I bought in high school around 1977 or so.
She got the opportunity to develop her own pictures, etc. and really enjoyed the experience. It gave her a better understanding of "old school" photography.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gotta be a commercial lab in the area that processes black and white film yet. Processing my own it way too much like work.

I used to love doing my own developing and printing. I wouldn't be happy with the results just sending it out through Walmart, etc.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Thanks, FL.40 -

It would not be for me, but for my friend Dane. I owe him for a referral.

Seeing the interest, I'd rather it go to a member. - jim

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thread drift but where do you have 35mm film developed? We found some rolls that were not developed recently and I couldn't find anyplace local.

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I used to have a Minolta SRT 101...used it a LOT back in the day. I still have two Canon (the model escapes me now) film cameras and wonder if there is any market for them. I'm afraid I'll never use them.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys are too modern for me !! Big Grin

I've still got my 1950's vintage Leica , loaded with B&W. Along with the handheld light meter ..... It's relaxing to make photos so slowly....

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
Thread drift but where do you have 35mm film developed? We found some rolls that were not developed recently and I couldn't find anyplace local.

Blue Moon Camera in Portland Or. They have a website.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
This was a few years back, but Wally World did some 35 mm for me. Color and some Tri-X.

My old Nikon F's sit on a shelf. Who'da thunk it?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post