SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Watching my 1st Jimmy Stewart Movie
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Watching my 1st Jimmy Stewart Movie Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
I’ve actually never watched a movie with him before but found GRIT TV and they were playing Cheyenne Social Club with Henry Fonda

Quite entertaining

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really??? He has quite the range from Hitchcock thrillers to George Bailey role.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
He was also, in case you didn't know, a colonel in the Army Air Corps during WWII, and later a general in the U.S. Air Force Reserve.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He's a great actor, and quite a man.

A few suggestions for Jimmy Stewart pics:

It's a Wonderful Life

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

Shenandoah

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Rear Window

Strategic Air Command

Harvey

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
He was also, in case you didn't know, a colonel in the Army Air Corps during WWII, and later a general in the U.S. Air Force Reserve.

B-24 Pilot and flew missions over Europe. He could have taken an easier route as a celebrity, but he jumped in the middle of the action.

Also, he was a Princeton grad with a degree in Architecture. Definitely a smart man.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Broken Arrow (1950) is a good movie.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve not seen any of them but will check them
Out

Thanks for the list

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Flight of the Phoenix.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not a Christmas season around here if we don't watch "It's a Wonderful Life"

One of my favorite actors!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks TigerDore!! I'll be glad to check those out!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Flight of the Phoenix.

Yes! Especially if you've only seen the remake.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16310 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
The Shop Around the Corner is one of my favorite movies. Jimmy Stewart and Margaret Sullivan were always good together.

The movie You've Got Mail is based off of (and not nearly as good as) The Shop Around the Corner.

The Philadelphia Story with Stewart, Katharine Hepburn, and Cary Grant is another favorite of mine.

I also liked Stewart in The Glenn Miller Story because it combined two of my favorite fellas: Jimmy Stewart and Glenn Miller!

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Watch "Strategic Air Command" next. You're welcome......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
GRIT has lot of great western's. This week it is the Magnificent Seven.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out youtube for him doing his poem "Beau" on the Carson show, see if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye, quite an extraordinary gentleman.

Posts: 83 | Location: Idaho | Registered: December 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Winchester 73
Naked Spur
The Far Country
Bend of the River
The Philadelphia Story
The Man from Laramie

Lots of Good Ones. He was pretty versatile.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I have watched many Jimmy Stewart movies throughout the years but one movie I can never get thru is Rear Window.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I've always enjoyed his movies and watching him on Johnny Carson

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just watched Anatomy of a Murder last night. It is on On Demand for a few more days. Filmed in Marquette MI. about an actual murder in the area. I hope Yooper Sig see this. many of the scenes look familiar. Good movie, fast paced.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
It's not a Christmas season around here if we don't watch "It's a Wonderful Life"

One of my favorite actors!!
Amen to that!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post