SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Married 25 years today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Married 25 years today Login/Join 
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted
And I'm not really sure how it got here.

Funny story about when we lost my dad. He was in hospice home care and knew he was dying, as he was drifting in and out, surrounded by his family, he looked up at my mom and said something along the line of its been 42 good years.
The problem was they had been married for 52 years.
Mom of course just smiled and agreed but now the joke is about which 10 years weren't good. Was it a bad 10 year stretch? Was it a bad year here and a bad year there? (My family uses humor as a defense)

We are almost to the half way point compared to my parents life together and for some reason that just seems to be the standard to me.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the both of you.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Congrats! This year was our 24th. Yeah it's a bit of a mystery isn't it?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Congratulations or condolences, whichever applies the most! Big Grin Wink Razz

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
My very best to both of you! Congratulations!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, just past 32 this year for us.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Spinzone on your your 25th anniversary!

Mrs. JRC and I will celebrate 32 years next month.

I'll, too, share a funny story. One beautiful Fall day a month or two before our fifth anniversary, my bride and I were enjoying the day on a lake fishing. When the conversation came to our upcoming anniversary, I said something the the effect of "Honey, I can't believe it been five wonderful years already - it feels like it's been only 30 minutes."

Mrs. JRC took a long pause, and after a moment or so said, in a complete deadpan voice... "Yup...under water!" Big Grin

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Happy Silver! Cool

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Twenty fifth coming up with second wife, twenty two with the first one. This one's a keeper, the love of my life as the saying goes.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! Seems to be an odd duck thing these days. My wife and I are in year 31 with no end in sight.

Recommend "The Notebook" a movie for all those with many years in, sad, but makes you appreciate the time you've been together!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

My wife & I have been married 71 years. Not to each other. We were each married 25 & 26 years to our X's, then 20 years to each other.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! We are celebrating our 25th also today.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. My wife and I just passed number 19.

Posts: 107554 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats great - you're lucky

congrats

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
Congrats! My wife and I will hit the quarter century mark in January. I can't believe it. Seems like it was 5 years ago we got married.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Smile

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! This Dec 31st will be our 25th. Yeah scratching my head how we got here too Wink.

Hope you both enjoy your anniversary!

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats ! (I am almost there...)

Marriage is work but worth it so far! Big Grin

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your first quarter!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Congrats, but you are just getting a good start! 42 years this past August!!!

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post