SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Christmas Lessons from California
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Lessons from California Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Ditto. I frequently see CA plates in my area, which angers me.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I only care in that more will leave
Me, too! I particularly worry that too many of the wrong ones will leave and will further infect my state.

flashguy

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Coastal California is hilly, difficult to build on and prone to devastating earthquakes. It is semi-arid, without much of an aquifer. The life-giving watershed of the Sierra Nevada is more than 200 miles away.

In other words, some of the people most eager to offer green sermons to others live in one of the most artificial and ecologically fragile environments on the planet.

Look up Owens Lake, the Los Angeles Aqueduct and the California Water Wars to see what it took to get water to Los Angeles. In the 1910s when it was built, though, environmentalists pretty much didn't exist.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
If it's any consolation or hope, my liberal relatives are waking up. One recently told me, "This state is being run to the ground and is going to bankrupt my family!"

Yet I bet they vote for the same progressive politicians.

I don’t know and I didn’t ask. I did describe them as liberals, didn’t I?

When someone appears to be on the verge of an epiphany, I try not to interrupt by spoon feeding them the revelation.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder when California will change it's spelling to V-E-N-E-Z-U-E-L-A. Roll Eyes

Venezuela del Norte

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post