SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I may be a flashlight addict. Please share your story.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I may be a flashlight addict. Please share your story. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, I haven't read the thread, but I've got a bunch of Surefires, yeah. Just as others have said in this thread I'm sure- I can quit anytime, so...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my keychain for each car, I have a main EDC light, a backup, and backup to the backup !!! Welcome top the club !!! God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fascinated with single AA & AAA Fenix lights! The baby E01 AAA FENIX has enough light for general nocturnal activities around the house. Putting a 1" split ring on it is very handy and keeps it from rolling off the table or counter top. The E12 AA FENIX is much more serious with 130 lumens and good mid range. One of the greatest advantages of these AA & AAA lights is that you can use LOW SELF DISCHARGE rechargeable batteries. Unlike alkaline, they don't leak and thrive on use.I have very impressed with the MAHA batteries and charger.The charger with independent circuit for each battery and lifetime warranty is the way to go IMO. http://thomasdistributing.shopgate.com/item/37303839

Posts: 2047 | Location: East Central Toadsuck, Florida | Registered: September 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This post reminded me of when my addiction started. About 11 when I had to buy one of those car headlights attached to a six volt battery. Flashing red light on the opposite end. Man I thought that was the shitdiggity.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can never have too many flashlights or pocket knives. Smile

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scoring a good deal on a Surefire is almost as good as scoring a deal on a nice pistol.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My first really nice light was a Surefire M3 Combat Light. I never used it because I thought it was to nice to mess up. I still have it in the box. I have three other Surefires that I don't even remember what models they are anymore.
I have a stinger that I carry about 2200 hours a year at work. I been carrying it for over six years.
Two other stingers at home along with a couple Olights. I probably need a couple more.

Posts: 1101 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Archie Teuthis:
You can never have too many flashlights or pocket knives. Smile
Pocket knives? They are even more seductive than flashlights. I got eight pocket knives for Christmas.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's see, I have a SureFire two 6P, 6Z, G2 LED, a Pelican M6, Streamlight polytac x2, Streamlight Scorpion, that's all my small tactical light stuff.

I have three 2D cell MagLite. A 4D cell MagLite. At least four miniMags. Pelican StealthLite X2, and afew more.

I don't believe that I have a problem. I believe that I have the right lighting salutations for the task!

I believe like the OP, it started at an early age. I have been an outdoorsy person from a very early age.

I always loved camping and a fire, but what to do when natural called and it was dark? Grab your trusty flashlight and go.

Then I got older. Then into guns. Knives and flashlight for tactical use. It was over!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Hello. My name is M-11 and I'm a flashlightaholic.

Surefire, converted Maglight, Olight, Nitecore, Sunwayman, NiWalker, Fenix, Foursevens; AAA, AA, Ni-MH, Eneloop, CR123, Li-ion 18650, RCR123. And that's just off the top of my head.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
It started long ago.....

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post

$2000 worth of Flashlights in one picture. I have more in the house too (unpictured).

Surefire Titan Plus
Surefire Scout M600 Ultra
Surefire P2X Fury Tactical
Surefire G2X LE
Surefire G2X Pro
Surefire E1D Defender
Surefire LX2 Lumamax
Surefire A2 Aviator
Malkoff MD2
Elzetta ZFL-M60 (older pre-Bravo model)
Streamlight Microstream
Streamlight TLR2
Streamlight TLR2 HL
Streamlight ProTac Rail Mount 1

quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
The first step is to admit you have a problem.

I like my flashlight disease. I dont have any problems.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I still have my Maglite 5 cell I bought to serve me at college as student security officer in 1980. I have updated the bulb to LED. I have lost count of how many Maglites I have owned. I have upgraded to Surefire and downgraded to Costco Duracell multipacks.

I want a bright durable keychain light next. Have one on Amazon wishlist for some future splurge.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I use this when signaling other planets.

It is really bright, but does not get nearly as hot as some of my older LED lights.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised this hasn't been said yet.

There is a simple rule for flashlights. It doesn't matter if its for EDC, work, camping.

Two is one
One is none.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two is one
One is none.

Thirty-six is I still can't find it when I need it.

Posts: 6295 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This happened to me as well. I tripped over budetlightforum.com and now have crap loads of flashlights as well. Fenix P35 and P40, Nitecore MH20GTs, Klarus G30s, Convoy S1 and L6, even lots of the amazing Nitecore Tubes and such. My current love is a Thorfire S70. It's almost too much even for the deep woods where I'm usually alone or have a buddy. I've signed up for multiples of the BLF Q8 coming up soon, it looks like too much power as well:-)

Did the Malkoff conversion for my maglight, so still have my first love as well. She stays tucked in the drawer under the phone so the whole family can fondle her if they need.

These new LED lights are amazing.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

some of the family. Big Grin

When I was at SHOT show in the Surefire booth,the guy asked if I was familiar with his product. When I showed him the picture, he dug under the counter and handed me a t-shirt, challenge coin, keychain, patch and can coozie.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have a very deep appreciation for what I am looking at.

So, you like Surefire? Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post