SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coolest car commercial ever!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolest car commercial ever! Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
It's already been almost 23 years...Wow.

Descanse em paz Sr. Senna

I'll add a plus 1 to this sentiment as well. Failure of a modified steering column. What a tragedy

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
The coolest car commercials for me had the Mercury Girl in them.....

or distant second would be the Swagger Wagon commercial!

HK Ag

Posts: 3495 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
it looked like the drone or helicopter had a hard time keeping up. I would have loved to work on that shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Wonder how they filmed it/what they were in to keep up with it, a helicopter?

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My opinion, this is the BEST car commercial eva !!! I did end up buying one. I really wish I still had it. Maybe again in the future Smile Watch the video and you will want one too.......guaranteed !!! God Bless Smile

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OEnJOIH1l5A

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Why bother making a commercial. What are they going to sell, 300 a year, maybe? And the people who would buy it already know they are going to.

I'd like to see a company like McLaren take their skill, and build a $35K street performance car. It would be a real test what they could do when price is a limit.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Time to borrow a couple classic Formula 1 DVDs ...

Grand Prix (1966) • Le Mans (1971)

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
1996 Nissan 300ZX

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L8QKK5IDSXE

Best looking Z ever made

I had a twin-turbo for a while, what a fun car.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Audioholic:
VW's Unpimp series never fail to crack me up. For a while there they had some ballsy commercials.

"It's definitely suckin'"

Those were hilarious ads.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Sorta car commercial

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jxc5
posted Hide Post
Porsche 911 GT3 Testing

Posts: 95 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This sticks in my head from way back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zcm4oS9IaM

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
The whole "The Hire" series by BMW was awesome, including their new versions last year.

Sometimes the original is best though...

The Hire

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's a great one. If the car isn't that hot, make sure the actress is

https://youtu.be/HOPRTKQy7Z0

I have one of the National Lampoon magazines with the fake VW ad showing a beetle floating with the tag line "If Ted Kennedy had driven one, he'd be President today" or something like that. It's a rare copy, they were recalled due to litigation (or threatened litigation) by VW against the publisher.

Posts: 693 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a long time ago there was one that had a car out in a dry lake bed,
they put up a limbo stick and drove the car under it,
but the car was three inches too tall .

then the backed the car way up, and got it up to 80 m.p.h. and he flew right underneath the limbo stick.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 516 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Not commercials in the traditional sense, but watching Jay Leno's Garage certainly makes me want a few cars and trucks after he reviews them. The latest video (today's) is about the Callaway Corvette "Aerowagen".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHzBpvyfqVs&t=0s

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I didn't see a cup holder. Does it have a cup holder?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one is the best IMO, especially if you know the back story.

I don't even like VW. (Sorry about the additional advert at the end...)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post