SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Game camera video from my cabin Saturday night...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game camera video from my cabin Saturday night... Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
A Kitty!

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I suggest a short leash, until the problem is resolved.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
We can shoot them here with a license & tag. Day or night. Getting a shot is something else altogether, though. I'll keep everyone in tight in the meantime.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
I get a lion tag every year. Ive seen a few but dont hunt them. I get the tag in case one takes an unhealthy interest in me.

There are a couple of large cats where I hunt deer that are always on my game cameras.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
One was caught on video in suburban Milwaukee recently. Video of such quality that it was clearly not Morris the kitteh.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
The CPD shot and killed one on the NW side of Chicago a few years back.
Can't deny that.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
One thing I would love to see is a cat like that while I have a magnum pistol or rifle handy.
But NOT in my freaking yard!!

I buy a lion tag every year like TKO does just in case an opportunity presents itself. So far, no joy.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Beautiful animal! we get them down in the valley here in Salt Lake all the time. Find them in garages and just lurking around the neighborhoods at night.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Our State Fish and Wildlife swear up and down and to the ends of the earth there are no wild mountain lions in KY.
They killed one a few years back and came up with every excuse in the book as to why they can’t be found in the wild here.

Our DNR has done the same thing for years. I think they now acknowledge them but they kept saying there was no legit proof even w/ tracks, scat, and countless reports.
I heard about a guy who had treed one and called it in.
The DNR said it wasn't possible.
He said if there aren't any in MI, he was going to go ahead and shoot it.
They told him he would be in big trouble if he did. Roll Eyes

Sounds EXACTLY like Minnesota. Telly you what, every deer season I shine a light up the tree looking for 'eyes' before I climb into that stand.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12329 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
He got two of my neighbor's turkeys over the last week. I'm going out well-heeled to let my dogs piss.
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ul1i_63qZTY" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

According to CT Deep, and VA Dgif that is a bobcat

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
MT has a season for lions. Treeing a upset 160+ lb. male with 3-4 dogs and realizing I'm the guy with the handgun and the dog handler is unarmed. I was not quite there yet and Mr kitty had serious attitude, exiting the pine tree and going for the dogs. Arriving on the scene, the handler is whacking the cat with the leashes and a stick. Scary, funny and the last 'hunt' for a cat.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
The CPD shot and killed one on the NW side of Chicago a few years back.
Can't deny that.

Sure they can.
They’ll say they ran the DNA and it came back to a known grouping far away and the cats paw pads were not worn nearly enough to travelled that far and it would have travelled past numerous hunters game cams so it must have been transported and released Roll Eyes

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous animal.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Big kitty. That's a bit close for comfort....

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool animal and I wouldn’t want to harm one unless it was after me/family/dog scenario. Sadly I suspect it would be over before I even knew what happened, quiet kitties they are.

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I love the big cats, we've had a few glimpses of cougars but no real good looks. A dog was killed a few years ago right across from our house and a deer in another neighbor's yard, they are around.

Is your cabin in Utah, I ask because a lot of LV folks have cabins here, right in lion country.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I dunno what ya'll see, but you clearly have a puma there friend. Nasty buggers. Live in swampland. Despite Ga DNR saying there haven't been any sighted, I also think they stated they have a 100+ mile hunting area. So that Ky cat couldve bedded in Tn

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
That's a kitty that will keep your lap warm...

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by UTsig:
I love the big cats, we've had a few glimpses of cougars but no real good looks. A dog was killed a few years ago right across from our house and a deer in another neighbor's yard, they are around.

Is your cabin in Utah, I ask because a lot of LV folks have cabins here, right in lion country.

Pretty sure from a previous thread he said NW of Vegas towards Pahrump. I had wondered the same thing when he posted his initial cabin photos.

Posts: 1962 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Near Pahrump.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post