SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The gun show was very well attended yesterday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The gun show was very well attended yesterday Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted
I went to a local gun show yesterday, and I noticed that it seemed there was more of everything than usual - more attendees, reasonable starting prices, attendees seemed happier and more relaxed than usual, etc.

Have you noticed anything different at the last gun show you attended since Trump took office ? Or is it just my imagination, since I'm more optimistic myself since the election ?

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes,
as a vendor I've noticed people are more upbeat and not desperately seeking the next to be banned black gun. Prices on ammo have fallen and everything is readily available.

Posts: 174 | Registered: February 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
After six months of not attending the Bill Goodman show in Sharonville, Ohio, I decided to go yesterday.

The price is now $10.00 to get in.

The selection was marginal at best.

In addition to guns, I could have bought cigars at the cigar booth, or wool socks from 2 different wool clothing booths.

Every time I attend a Goodman show, I am reminded just how good the OGCA shows are.

No more Bill Goodman for me.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
There doesn't seem to be quite the large crowds from when Obama was in office. Prices on everything are down from that time, too. It might not be the seller's market it was then, but there hasn't been such a buyer's for some time. The election of President Trump is a major reason for this.

Posts: 27990 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Im a home based dealer. I decided last month that I wont be doing any more gun shows until things change.

The Kansas City shows has had a lot of people, but nobody is buying. Everyone is walking around with empty hands.

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Im a home based dealer. I decided last month that I wont be doing any more gun shows until things change.

The Kansas City shows has had a lot of people, but nobody is buying. Everyone is walking around with empty hands.

They are shit. Wichita too. I've been to tulsa. 5 miles of shit also unless you want collectible stuff.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8228 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Most of the good deals are gone by 10am Saturday.

Posts: 26937 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

They are shit. Wichita too. I've been to tulsa. 5 miles of shit also
quote:
quote:
unless you want collectible stuff.

that's what I sell, and do well at most of the VA shows,

too much competition online and at shows for black rifle stuff and new handguns

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10434 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-220:
I too am a veteran of Bill Goodman shows. At Dayton Hara Arena. And you are correct about OGCA shows. Always worth the drive to Columbus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16117 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
No

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/4480038634/p/1

Not at all

I don't disagree with anything anyone said in that thread. On the other hand, I do find them relaxing, a chance to walk around and entertain yourself with the cool and the absurd. It's probably my job, very heads down technical, so anything that involves physical movement and the presence of half-way decent human beings is a relief.

I agree that the overabundance of everyone selling the SOS isn't exciting, but I basically ignore those tables. I like looking for decent to good deals on range, hunting, and defense ammo, and anything else that might catch my eye, esp. if it's next to impossible to fondle in the flesh because it's typically not sold in brick and mortars. Like the Falkniven F1 survival fixed blade I got to handle. Very nice. But I wouldn't have known how nice it was if I hadn't patronized the show.

I esp. agree the the price of admission is too high, and some vendors just don't understand that if they dropped their price some, they could sell stuff. Example: there was a vendor there molding custom ear plugs, but was asking 70$ for pair. She wasn't busy at all. If she had charged 35$ for a pair, she would have had customers lining up with me first in line.

So yea, some gun shows have problems, it depends on the show and why you attend.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8697 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post