SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Michael Mann and his hockey stick theory exposed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Michael Mann and his hockey stick theory exposed Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted
I never for a moment bought into any of this global warming crap. Not because I know or understand anything about the science of it but my instinct and common sense always knew better.

I always knew it was a fabrication designed to make the purveyors of it rich beyond belief which it has. Al Gore is a perfect example.

Now Michael Mann perhaps the biggest fraud of them all has been exposed. I doubt any of this will deter the believers as has been proved at the G20 summit as Marcon once again pressed Trump to get back on board with the Paris accord. Thank God Trump sees this for the money grab that it is.

quote:
"The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball… is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud. Mann’s imminent defeat is set to send shock waves worldwide within the climate science community as the outcome will be both a legal and scientific vindication of U.S. President Donald Trump’s claims that climate scare stories are a “hoax.”

[...]

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. Mann’s iconic hockey stick has been relied upon by the UN’s IPCC and western governments as crucial evidence for the science of ‘man-made global warming.’

As first reported in Principia Scientific International (February 1, 2017), the defendant in the case, Canadian climatologist Dr. Tim Ball, had won “concessions” against Mann, but at the time the details were kept confidential, pending Mann’s response.

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. ’

The negative and unresponsive actions of Dr Mann and his lawyer, Roger McConchie, are expected to infuriate the judge and be the signal for the collapse of Mann’s multi-million dollar libel suit against Dr Ball. It will be music to the ears of so-called ‘climate deniers’ like President Donald Trump and his EPA Chief, Scott Pruitt."

Link

Wasn't it Mark Steyn years ago who openly called Mann a 'fraud' (maybe not that exact word, but he was planting the BS flag firmly on the scalp of Mann). Mann threatened a suit and Steyn basically dared him to sue because he wanted to get all the data via discovery. Mann backed down in that case. I guess Mann and his lawyers aren't too smart or they thought their political connections would rule the day. Looks like maybe they're wrong.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I don't even know the mann and I don't like him. Just another fake, fraud, liar, common criminal. A lawsuit should be filed against him for defrauding the taxpayers.

In the end it's all about the money, not actual science.
quote:
his hockey stick was very influential in making governmental and international policy. Millions of dollars were affected by it.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Well, when the emails came out showing the data that the hockey stick graph was based on was faked, I thought that the lefties would abandon it. But there is too much money (trillions worldwide) to be made by perpetuating this fraud, so they have doubled down on it.

They should all be in prison.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6038 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a perfect scam. Never ending study of an unsolvable "problem". Grants for everyone!

The Earth will do its thing whether we fight it, stand back and watch or are dead. It has done so for a few billion years. We might as well try to stop the sun from burning out.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:

"Michael Mann, who chose to file what many consider to be a cynical SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) libel suit in the British Columbia Supreme Court, Vancouver six long years ago, has astonished legal experts by refusing to comply with the court direction to hand over all his disputed graph’s data. ’

Link

Wasn't it Mark Steyn years ago who openly called Mann a 'fraud' (maybe not that exact word, but he was planting the BS flag firmly on the scalp of Mann). Mann threatened a suit and Steyn basically dared him to sue because he wanted to get all the data via discovery. Mann backed down in that case. I guess Mann and his lawyers aren't too smart or they thought their political connections would rule the day. Looks like maybe they're wrong.

Here is the most recent mention of Steyn's lawsuit I found on google. https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.8cf00dd5cd7a

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AUTiger89:

They should all be in prison.

For the fraud these people have perpetrated on the world, they should all be shot.

The world leaders who willingly allow themselves to believe this nonsense (and I actually believe many of them know better but have an agenda) should at the very least be in prison.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "science" is settled. We shouldn't be discussing this Roll Eyes

Posts: 7547 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Rickles

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
George Carlin sums it up in a way only he can.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
https://climateaudit.org/2009/...iffa-reconstruction/

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Most of the people who believe in Global Warming score a 3 or 4 on that science test.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I read that same article yesterday and was thinking it was about time

between Mann and all of the emails that were hacked from East Anglia showing how they had to parse the data, delete outliers that wouldn't make the model give the 'answer' they wanted I would have thought that most people would have figured it out by now.

There is also another article on science fraud circulating - its almost as bad and its related to bees. I will see if I can track it down.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
The Earth will do its thing whether we fight it, stand back and watch or are dead. It has done so for a few billion years. We might as well try to stop the sun from burning out.
Again, just more of man's immeasurable arrogance in thinking he can 'save' the planet. The absurdity of that debate is off the charts. We are but a small part of a much larger puzzle here, and as all species, our days on this rock are numbered. And when we're gone, the planet will go merrily on its way for billions more years.

Rather amazing that George Carlin makes far more sense than these 'scientists'. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Michael Mann

Had to google it... thankfully this is a different Michael Mann than the one of Miami Vice fame.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10909 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously involved in preparing to survive Y3K. Think of the children.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8350 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
So, how many ice ages has this earth experienced? Oh, that is right, SEVENTEEN, and every one of them before mankind was around.

And between each of those ice ages there was a period of warming.

Hockey stick theory is nothing more, or less, than yet another bunch of criminals trying (successfully) to plunder the public money trough.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
ere is the most recent mention of Steyn's lawsuit I found on google. https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.8cf00dd5cd7a

An excellent article, and an excellent source for legal opinion on issues of substance.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post