SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Would You Go to Cuba?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would You Go to Cuba? Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
In a few years, sure.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Magician
posted Hide Post
I am going in April for two weeks on a photography tour. Staying in different cities every 3 nights

Posts: 1091 | Location: Winter Park, FL | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of djinco
posted Hide Post
I visited GTMO in 1978 with 5000 of my friends. The water was very clear. No, I probably wouldn't visit the North side of the island. These days I pretty much don't like leaving the state.

Cheers, Doug in Colorado

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 648 | Location: Colorado | Registered: February 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GJG:
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:
Not in this life time. I have some good ex-cuba friends who escaped that hell hole with only the shirts on their back. Castro got the rest.

Forgive the spelling / grammar errors:

Yo espero de bailar sur los osos de los dos Castros

Not going till they're both dead
I'm with you. Plenty other places to go in the Caribbean in the mean time.

When I lived in Canada, I had several coworkers go and they enjoyed it, but said the hotels are stretched thin with just the Canadians and Europeans.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Yes and I would like to go before all of the inevitable changes happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wish I had already gone. It will be like Cabo in a few years.

One can only hope!

Neighbors across the street just got back. Don't know their politics, the husband however worked in Russia the same time I did, mid 90's. So he's familiar with life in transition from Communism.
She said they couldn't wait to leave.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
There are plenty of places elsewhere in the world that are just as pretty that aren't run by murderous 3rd world tinpot commie dictators, so hell no!

Cuba is a disaster because of who is in power, not because we don't do business with them. Cuba does business with the whole rest of the world.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
No. No desire to go to the Caribbean, SA, Africa, Europe, Asia.

Maybe Australia, but do not think I could stand the long flight time . And Western Australia is where I would visit.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No...I gave up smoking cigars years ago.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I was conceived there after my Dad won a cruise in a sales contest in 1952.
I really should go back.

Posts: 1400 | Location: Butte, Mont. | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
nope

nothing to see in Cuba that interests me

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will! Right after they open Walgreens. Across from CVS.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16090 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Only to see GITMO.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
Only to see GITMO.

The golf course sucks. I think ranked second worst in the world. O'Kelly's is a nice fake Irish pub. I'll be there next Friday. I just joined the GTMO adventurers club, which is a bunch of history buffs getting access to normally off limits areas to document the history of the base. Other activities include the water sports. Pristine reefs for diving, the bay has sailing and boating. And if you lack a PADI certificate or base captains license, there are other water activities like such as swimming, snorkeling, and the ever popular....

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Americans can go by boat and it's no big deal. There's one marina near Havana that sees lots of US boats. US authorities there will likely make a record of your visit.

My son sailed in there a couple of years ago on the way to Panama from Key West. They wanted to see Cuba before it opened up. Some of the things they learned is they are given food and shelter but usually they have some scheme to make more money that can get them in trouble. Cab drivers make more than doctors. They love US dollars because it can enable them to travel to other countries. Travel within Cuba is restricted to Cubans, you may not be able to see family in nearby towns when you want to.

They picked up a girl from Philidelphia who was travelling with a Mexican captain on a yacht. He ran aground entering the marina harbor. The boat was stripped by the next morning.

What happened to the girl?

Even though she was well to do, she was fearless. They dropped her off in Mexico and she was going to hitch hike west. I think she was successful.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Been to Mexico, we couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Absolutely no desire to visit Cuba.

Maybe it is just because we have spent so much time on 2-3 week driving tours of the USA. I am wrung out with all the traveling.

And no desire to risk some activities involving communist officials.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Spent two LONG weeks there in August. God blessed it greatly, but as long as Cubans live there, stay away. (There are some nice folks but it was mostly miserable)

Posts: 5738 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind visiting whats outside of Gitmo Wink

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Nope not again, been there and done hat, 7 mos in Gitmo was enough for me.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Best thing we could do to Cuba is open it up and let them see the error of the ways of Communism.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post