SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bout' those Patriots?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout' those Patriots? Login/Join 
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
The refs in both games were terrible. Pats-Chiefs was littered with missed, incorrect and make-up calls. However, the offside call on Dee Ford that saved the Pats' final drive in regulation was correct.

In overtime, it all came down to the toin coss since both QBs were capable of marching their team down the field for the winning TD.

I'll never forgive Robert Kraft for his Parkland/airplane virtue signaling stunt, but it was a class move to acknowledge Lamar Hunt and his family for their contributions to the league.

This is 100% dead on accurate. As a chiefs fan this was hard to watch, but I think we got a fair shake. I wish we would have won the coin toss....

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
99.99% of the time I have zero F’sto give about sportsball, but given that I grew up in SE Louisiana I do get excited about the Saints.

My blood is still boiling frim last night. We got screwed by a freight train and everyone knows it.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigsuby:
The Pats are like the Yankees on the hate list. It's just human nature to bring down the top dog. One more for Brady I hope.

If Brady gets another SB ring, they'll have to name the team after him.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm not a football guy and don't understand it all, but that officiating was atrocious.

They are blatantly ignoring major fouls while nit-picking much smaller bullshit to death.

It does make one wonder if these guys are on the take or something.

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The Internet Reacts To Tony Romo Calling Plays During The AFC Championship Game

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...p-reactions-twitter/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Another great game...

We are sooo spoiled around here. Big Grin
I do understand where the haters are coming from though.

Bob

Weren't spoiled last year

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I have never liked the Cowboys and thus was never a Romo fan.

That said, I love him as a commentator - I think he is hands down the best color man I have ever heard. He loves the game, obviously has a great time watching, knows everything that is going on and explains it well. I'd watch a game just to hear him call it.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
99.99% of the time I have zero F’sto give about sportsball, but given that I grew up in SE Louisiana I do get excited about the Saints.

My blood is still boiling frim last night. We got screwed by a freight train and everyone knows it.

Yeah, like that face mask that was clear and not called on the Saints? How about all the blatant holds you all got away with last week on Cox? You all got away with plenty. You are out because your team left it close enough at home for it to come down to that...not because of the refs.
https://mobile.twitter.com/cam...1935550%2Fframe.html

Should have been first and goal at the 3 instead of a FG.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Oh dear Lord

No one

NO ONE

Thinks that was a bad call

Dee Ford didn’t even argue he was onsides

If you want to bring up a bad call, mention the roughing the passer. That was a bad call, and I’m a Pats fan. The difference is that happened on 2nd and 7, and there wasn’t a game ending interception there, so it’s not as sexy to bring up for the delusional.

Go back and look at the TD catch by Dorset and tell me that wasn’t pass interference on KC

Go back and look at the sideline catch gronk made in the 4th quarter and tell me that’s not defensive holding AND pass interference on Eric Berry

The game was won by the Patriots. The Chiefs are a great team that lost. It happens. There was no smoking gun awful officiating call in this game like in the Saints Rams. The Pats won.

I’m tired of this narrative that the officials favor Brady and the Pats. It’s been debunked several times over. As has the notion that it’s all Belichek. Neither is great without the other.

I get it. People are tired of the Pats. It will end someday. At least appreciate that you’re seeing a run that is unlikely to happen again in your lifetime

Only 4 people in team sports have made it to their championship 9 times..Magic, Kareem (who did it together), LeBron and Brady.

quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
The patriots won because the chiefs offensive line player jumped offsides in the "last few seconds" in the game and could have run the clock down and they had to kick to New England which tied it up.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pats won with experience. They were the better prepared, veteran team, especially the O line. No sacks on Brady at all.

Chiefs are full of talent. They’ll be back.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
OK, I'll say it..The Yankees of football.

Its true!!! Would like to see Brady (the Master) win this SB, possibly his last...who knows how much longer the Belichick/Brady dynasty will last...after that make way for Mahomes & the Chiefs, really talented and exciting to watch.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flyboyrv6
posted Hide Post
I don’t hate Brady, he is a very good quarterback. But... I will admit to hating the Patriots and Their head coach. Too obnoxious for words. The Pats should be thankful for the NFL overtime rule that handed them the win without giving Mahomes a shot. If Mahomes stays healthy he will become one of the all-time greats.

Posts: 828 | Registered: January 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
The officials in the Saints/Rams should be flayed for the non-call on Lewis getting blasted by Robey-Coleman. Officials possibly changing the outcome of a game isn't what I tuned in to see.
The Rams were BRINGING IT. They didn't need the help of the refs.

Just goes to show how important the O line and the D line are to win games.
No matter how good your QB is, if the line can't protect him he's toast. If they can't get the RB some yards, he's toast. (are you listening AZ Cards??)
If the D line is giving up ~4 yds on every run and never gets to the QB, you aren't going to win. The Chiefs D line failed doing both.
And that Roughing the Passer call on someone touching Brady's tutu (standard issue in the NFL) was total bullshit. Gave them a free first down and 15 yds they didn't have to earn.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigcpa:
Don't like Brady, but do recognize his "greatness, but I attribute that to Belichick. I think Brady under a different coach would be pedestrian at best. Consequently, Belichick, is the best football coach of all time and the reason New England has all the rings. And I'm not a fan.

Brady has done it, year in, year out, with very few "stars" around him. He is the GOAT as is Belichick.

Belichick doesn't read the defense, call the audibles or make the throws. Brady has ice in his veins, and far more often than not, has delivered for pushing 2 decades.

If a great coach is all it takes to make a pedestrian qb look great, certainly there are other coaches in the league other than Belichick to raise a pedestrian qb to the level of Brady, right?

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
Oh dear Lord

No one

NO ONE

Thinks that was a bad call

Dee Ford didn’t even argue he was onsides

If you want to bring up a bad call, mention the roughing the passer. That was a bad call, and I’m a Pats fan. The difference is that happened on 2nd and 7, and there wasn’t a game ending interception there, so it’s not as sexy to bring up for the delusional.

Go back and look at the TD catch by Dorset and tell me that wasn’t pass interference on KC

Go back and look at the sideline catch gronk made in the 4th quarter and tell me that’s not defensive holding AND pass interference on Eric Berry

The game was won by the Patriots. The Chiefs are a great team that lost. It happens. There was no smoking gun awful officiating call in this game like in the Saints Rams. The Pats won.

I’m tired of this narrative that the officials favor Brady and the Pats. It’s been debunked several times over. As has the notion that it’s all Belichek. Neither is great without the other.

I get it. People are tired of the Pats. It will end someday. At least appreciate that you’re seeing a run that is unlikely to happen again in your lifetime

Only 4 people in team sports have made it to their championship 9 times..Magic, Kareem (who did it together), LeBron and Brady.

quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
The patriots won because the chiefs offensive line player jumped offsides in the "last few seconds" in the game and could have run the clock down and they had to kick to New England which tied it up.

Gronk gets held on nearly every play....refs rarely call it.

Posts: 722 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I am a huge PATS fan, have been forever even when they sucked with Bledsoe. Very happy to see my team going to another Superbowl, the Brady-Belichick combo is awesome. Great coach, great QB.
I have to say, Mahomes looks great, this kid is going to be a top rated QB, he played a good game.

On another note regarding the Saints - Rams game...The Saints got robbed. That hit on the receiver was a blatent foul as well as pass interference, I can't believe it wasn't called.
The officiating totally sucked in that game, and was poor in the PATS game.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Mahomes brings more fun to the NFL than I've seen in years.

If you aren't that familiar with him -- a lot of people haven't been watching the last year or more -- know this about Mahomes.

He has a very strong baseball background, his dad was an MLB pitcher. Patrick was a great shortstop and he looks like one playing QB. Think of a SS squaring up on a routine grounder, funny hop and all of a sudden he has to make an off balance throw across his body. And be accurate. Or a diving stop, flipping the ball with his glove hand to 2B, starting a DP. The more out of square Patrick is, the better he seems to be. There's no hesitation in his decisions, just a job to do.

He looked over-amped early, overthrows. KC wasn't there the first half in general, the Pats won on experience. What was that stat, 36 Pats with playoff experience, 0 on the Chiefs. Hard to believe not one. Yeah, the Pats won but I think they know they dodged a major bullet.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I have never liked the Cowboys and thus was never a Romo fan.

That said, I love him as a commentator - I think he is hands down the best color man I have ever heard. He loves the game, obviously has a great time watching, knows everything that is going on and explains it well. I'd watch a game just to hear him call it.

LOVED Romo as QB (YES a Cowboy fan here) and LOVE his commentary.
Always knows what is going on.
Sad to not see him as a player but the afterlife is good for him. Cool

Posts: 22895 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Patrick Mahomes actually got roughed, no call.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
People. ..the Saints didn't get robbed. The Rams should of had first and goal on the 3, but the refs missed a blatant face mask. They kicked a FG instead. Things happen and the officiating stunk this year. They lost because they couldn't get the job done at home in their dome. Period.