SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How bout' those Patriots?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How bout' those Patriots? Login/Join 
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted
Another great game...

We are sooo spoiled around here. Big Grin
I do understand where the haters are coming from though.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4581 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
The refs in both games were terrible. Pats-Chiefs was littered with missed, incorrect and make-up calls. However, the offside call on Dee Ford that saved the Pats' final drive in regulation was correct.

In overtime, it all came down to the toin coss since both QBs were capable of marching their team down the field for the winning TD.

I'll never forgive Robert Kraft for his Parkland/airplane virtue signaling stunt, but it was a class move to acknowledge Lamar Hunt and his family for their contributions to the league.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Pats are like the Yankees on the hate list. It's just human nature to bring down the top dog. One more for Brady I hope.

Posts: 1616 | Location: Simpsonville SC | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Too bad it's not Pats vs Saints.

Clash of the top old QBs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Da Saints wuz robbed.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
The Pats O line was outstanding.

Soooo glad payton and brees will be watching the championship.

Yep, officiating was bad. For all playing.

As the old adage say's. No game is lost on one play.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NFC and AFC games both go to overtime. Wow. My team is behind schedule on our project so I was working yesterday. Sounds like they were really good games to watch.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Got into an argument with a good friend this morning. Normally I don't care enough about football to argue about it, hell I don't really KNOW enough about football to argue about it...but I don't get the Tom Brady hate.

Unlike the NBA or MLB, where owners may literally spend as much money as they'd like to buy a championship (see Yankees, Cavs, Heat), the NFL has a salary cap.

That means that every team plays with the same financial restrictions; any team in the NFL has an equal chance to be a championship caliber team. In the case of the Patriots, the coaching staff is just “that good” at identifying and developing talent. It is a not so inside-joke within the NFL that one of coaches biggest fears is releasing a player and then seeing Belichick pick them up....'What did I miss!?!"

Cordeal Patterson from the Vikings is a great example. The Queens cut him, Bilicheck picked him up and literally told him, "We'll make you the player you should be." He then turned Patterson into a backup running back because he is so fast. He found teams just could not stop a running-back who is a primary receiver.

Getting back to Brady, unlike most of today's quarterbacks who threaten to hold out for the biggest contract, Brady takes a lesser salary to free up room so that the team can hire better players. Tom makes good money, he makes a metric shit-ton in endorsements, and now he's about to play in his 9th Superbowl in 10 years.

I think about Aaron Rodgers and Matt Ryan with their record contracts, Kirk Cousins and his fully guaranteed contract...congrats gents. Too bad your teams cannot afford to surround you with talent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rbert0005:
Another great game...
We are sooo spoiled around here. Big Grin
I do understand where the haters are coming from though.

It was a great game! It could have gone either way. But Brady is sooo cool under pressure....
I was texting back and forth with my Boston friends.

As a former St. Louis Rams season ticket holder, I was cheering for KC, of course.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24102 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for a Rams-Chiefs Super Bowl, just because neither have been there for a long time.

Two great games with some bad officiating all around.

One comment - I can see why Tony Romo is doing the big games for CBS. He genuinely loves the game and on that last Pats drive he pretty much called every play. "Edelman over the middle". Boom. "Watch the top of your screen. Gronk on the outside". I don't think I've ever seen a color man call the upcoming plays like that.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the case of the Patriots, the coaching staff is just “that good” at identifying and developing talent. It is a not so inside-joke within the NFL that one of coaches biggest fears is releasing a player and then seeing Belichick pick them up....'What did I miss!?!"

Cordeal Patterson from the Vikings is a great example. The Queens cut him, Bilicheck picked him up and literally told him, "We'll make you the player you should be." He then turned Patterson into a backup running back because he is so fast. He found teams just could not stop a running-back who is a primary receiver.

and Rex Burkhead, Cincinnati barely used him.

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I’m a Pats fan so our household is happy today!

Point of order for Ronin...ninth super bowl, my friend

And I totally agree about Romo

I loved dogging on Romo when he played, mainly because two of my best friends are huge cowboys fans from Dallas, and it was generally my response to the “you cheat” banter about the Pats.....”Tom Brady is a cheater”. “Yeah? Well, the way Tony Romo plays in the playoffs maybe you guys should think about starting...” that kind of stuff.....

But I love Romo as an announcer. He is like a kid at Christmas and has an amazing knowledge of the game....

Kind of makes me glad Jerry Jones is a narcissistic idiot that won’t get out of his own way....or the cowboys may have been much more dangerous with Romo

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The patriots won because the chiefs offensive line player jumped offsides in the "last few seconds" in the game and could have run the clock down and they had to kick to New England which tied it up.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Brady takes a lesser salary to free up room so that the team can hire better players. Tom makes good money, he makes a metric shit-ton in endorsements, and now he's about to play in his 9th Superbowl in 10 years.

Add the fact that Giselle makes more than Tom does.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3448 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll say it..The Yankees of football.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I agree in respect to Tony Romo. He’s a heck of a lot better color guy than he ever was a quarterback.

Two games came down to two game changing plays. These are the best four teams in the game.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Romo is very good. Anyone got his number? I want to see what he thinks about my next lottery numbers.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
The patriots won because the chiefs offensive line player jumped offsides in the "last few seconds" in the game and could have run the clock down and they had to kick to New England which tied it up.

The defensive linesman lined up in the neutral zone. He did not jump.

The Patriots won because KC could not stop them during the final drive.

Posts: 7344 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Rams win ensures the Bengals have a new head coach who won a Super Bowl as an OC. Marvin Lewis had his head up his ass offensively.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Don't like Brady, but do recognize his "greatness, but I attribute that to Belichick. I think Brady under a different coach would be pedestrian at best. Consequently, Belichick, is the best football coach of all time and the reason New England has all the rings. And I'm not a fan.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post