SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Florida members - where to find sharks teeth?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida members - where to find sharks teeth? Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
We find plenty of small (1") around Boca Grande and some of the islands around there. Too far for an Orlando day trip.

Email in profile if you would like for me to send you a few as we have a big jar about 2/3 full

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
We find plenty of small (1") around Boca Grande and some of the islands around there. Too far for an Orlando day trip.

Email in profile if you would like for me to send you a few as we have a big jar about 2/3 full

Thanks, that's a very nice offer. But, after spending the day walking up and down Cocoa Beach without finding anything, my daughter bought one in a souvenir shop. Problem solved Smile

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
A guy I know finds massive megalodon shark teeth that are 3 to 20 million years old in the peace river not far from Venice, FL. Really cool. Uses a shovel and a strainer. ALWAYS finds one, every day he is out.

A few weeks ago, I stepped on a shark tooth IN MY FRONT YARD. It embedded itself slightly into my foot with a mild ouch. I gave It to my kids, who thought it was cool.

Most of Florida was underwater for millions of years and there are definitely sharks teeth all over the place.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Even in the 70s and 80s I always found more in S.C. than Florida.

We always found then in Edisto Beach.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post