SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    93 Ford Ranger.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

93 Ford Ranger. Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted
Looks like I'm going to be in my Ranger for another year. I'd like to put some money into it. Suggestions? I'd like to find a new seat but I just can't seem to find one. If not what are the best seat covers out there? Got a nice JVC deck picked out so the tunes are covered.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
maybe you could have an upholstery shop rebuild the seat you have?

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We've picked up some parts from LMC truck and also via craiglists for our 2002 Ranger.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:

If that's possible it would be worth considering. The problem is one of the springs broke, and now there is a big hole where my left butt cheek goes.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are into doing your own stunts, but it is fairly easy to add backup sensors or camera(s) if you can. Projector HIDs are more involved and ran a few hundred bucks to graft the lights from a Q45 to my truck, but at least you shouldn't need a Canbus harness for yours. Other options are adding bluetooth to your JVC if it doesn't already have it. Adding power windows & locks is doable if you don't already have them.

Other options would be to look into a tonneau cover or a front air dam to save on mileage. Ram Air kits, etc...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
5.0L swap? The V8 does fit in the engine bay. I had a '91 Ranger.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
quote:
Originally posted by BigWhup:

If that's possible it would be worth considering. The problem is one of the springs broke, and now there is a big hole where my left butt cheek goes.

I'm pretty sure a good auto upholstery shop will be able to fix your seat up. There ought to be at least one in Pueblo, but if you need the name of a good one in Colorado Springs, I have used Knowles Trim Shop.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Aw man, if you were close to me I'd reupholster your seat for you.
I can weld the springs back.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I’ve had good luck with these guys over the years.

http://www.lkqcorp.com/en-us/

Just plug in your location for availability. If you have one near they will pull part for you or already have it pulled.

Also try a “You pull it” type of salvage yard. I’ve had good luck doing this also. Bring some basic tools and you remove the part yourself from a salvaged vehicle. Prices are usually very low. And some locations let you search inventory of vehicle make/models before even going to the place. The good ones have wheel barrows or golf carts to rent for hauling parts around.

Good luck.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
Just replaced my seats in my 97. Cost me $100 bucks at the junk yard. Look at the Mazda pickups as they had nicer seats and it seems the Mazda owners take better care of their trucks than ranger drivers.

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post