SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Feinstein not liberal enough for Cali dems - Cal Dem Party endorses Kevin de León in Dem Senate primary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feinstein not liberal enough for Cali dems - Cal Dem Party endorses Kevin de León in Dem Senate primary Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
This. Combined with a base of Republicans fired up from all the winning nationally and the recent sting of the new AWB expansion is why I say it is our best chance (not good chance) in recent history.

Hopefully many of the loons here won’t remember the lessons they should have learned in Nov 2016 regarding media predictions and polling.

I looked at the numbers and it may be CA's best chance, but realistically it is the same story. 2.6 million voted in the primary for Dems Newsom (1.6 mil) Villaigarosa (.6 mil), and Chiang (.4 mil) while Republicans drew 1.8 million voters with Cox getting 1.2 mil. But when you look at the 2016 Presidential election, Hillary got 9 million votes from leftist idiots while Trump received 4.5 mil. Voters tend to come out for general elections rather than primaries.

As far as Feinstein, as long as the embalmer can keep her looking somewhat human, she'll win again. But once she is dead, her replacement will be a full-on leftist commie radical like de Leon.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The masses will show up in November and dutifully check the name with the D next to it. If there's more than one D to choose from they'll check the one that the church or union or community organizer told them would deliver more free stuff. Newsom will win in a rout. Feinstein will too. The only way this place turns around is after it craters.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by thumperfbc:
This. Combined with a base of Republicans fired up from all the winning nationally and the recent sting of the new AWB expansion is why I say it is our best chance (not good chance) in recent history.

Hopefully many of the loons here won’t remember the lessons they should have learned in Nov 2016 regarding media predictions and polling.

I looked at the numbers and it may be CA's best chance, but realistically it is the same story. 2.6 million voted in the primary for Dems Newsom (1.6 mil) Villaigarosa (.6 mil), and Chiang (.4 mil) while Republicans drew 1.8 million voters with Cox getting 1.2 mil. But when you look at the 2016 Presidential election, Hillary got 9 million votes from leftist idiots while Trump received 4.5 mil. Voters tend to come out for general elections rather than primaries.

As far as Feinstein, as long as the embalmer can keep her looking somewhat human, she'll win again. But once she is dead, her replacement will be a full-on leftist commie radical like de Leon.

So if all the Trump voters show up and only half the Hillary voters show, we're gonna have ourselves a horserace!

No, I agree. Good chance? Nope. Best chance in years? Yep.

Depressing, isn't it? Still gotta try, though. A depressed D showing would be fantastic.

In the 2014 Governor race Brown garned 4.38 million (60%). The Republican challenger got 2.92 million (40%).... Is a roughly 10% swing doable? I don't know. Maybe with the combined effects of a disenfranchies D vote and a motivated R vote....

In any event, it's likely not gonna happen but it sure would be grand.

Posts: 6361 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
BTW, this is Kevin de Leon of "Ghost Gun" fame.

"la révolution dévore ses enfants"--Jacques Mallet du Pan

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post